Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 9 11:00 am

Just visited Neil. We saw the doctor. My goodness, things change as I write this and it is all good. The doctor said if Neil can continue to manage the trach collar, all day today and maybe all day and night tomorrow, he will consider moving Neil to a room here. The doctor said his rule of thumb for being concerned about infection is 48-72 hours but he could not speak for the orthopedist. Neil's leg is wrapped and the orthopedist will unwrap it tomorrow and check his handiwork. Neil's leg is very painful. The good news is this pain should be time limited. (That is easy for me to say because it is not my leg. Also, pain is the thing I had worried about in the very beginning, because I had no idea what was going to happen. So, six weeks later Neil is having to deal with the most pain he has had.) The other good news is the doctor is now thinking Neil will stay here in a room and then maybe transition to Health South, rather than having to go to the Long Term Hospital at Jackson. Neil is very, very pleased about this prospect. Neil is drinking some gatorade this morning. Please pray for Neil's lungs and his leg.

Oh my, I was able to meet Sue this morning and love on her just a minute. She was in a recliner and was able to speak a bit. My goodness, I now know where her daughters got their beauty from as Sue is lovely. All the nurses were in the hall clapping and visiting with her. She is the Queen in her family and the Queen of SICU. What a blessing. Please continue to pray for her full recovery.

Shannon's parents continue to be encouraged by her progress. The staff infection is gone. Yea!!!!! The doctor has said her parents must be patient and they are doing such a fine job with this. Please pray for Shannon's full recovery.

We continue to be amazed at the progress of the patients in Baptist South SICU. We attribute their progress to your love and prayers. We cannot thank you enough for your faithfulness. Hope you all have a good Wednesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Neil! Well, I hope you get to move to a room soon.Thinking of you all!
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news!

liz

Anonymous said...

How wonderful....you might get moved to a room soon!! I am so proud of you, Neil and all of the progress you have made. I can't wait to come see you!! Hope you have a good day and continued prayers from us! Love, Jill Neeley

Daisy Bell said...

God bless you Neil. I have been reading about you everyday and praying for you. May God be with you.You have come along way Amen!!! You will be fine. God bless your family. I have been in their shoes too before with my brother. He was in a very bad car wreck too. He made it with god's help everyday. He has gone on to be the god now.I will keep you in my prayers.The Bell Family from Elba

joni said...

What wonderful news. I am celebrating with you. I know you can't wait for him to be in a room so you can mother him 24/7. He is so fortunate to have all of you cheering and supporting every step. We're still praying in Enterprise and loving you all!!!

joni