Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 2 10:30 am

Just visited Neil. Oh my goodness, this is a better day. The doctor has adjusted some medication and Neil is much more comfortable. Neil apologized to the doctor and the nurses for feeling so bad yesterday. The doctor said yesterday was their fault due to medication that did not work for Neil. Neil is exercising his arms and legs. The doctor hopes to take the chest tubes out of the right lung. The x-ray has indicated that one is ready to come out and it seems the other may be ready. The nurse is waiting for the doctor to review the x-rays to determine if both tubes can be taken out. These tubes are causing much pain and Neil is very hopeful today will be the day. The doctor said that maybe tomorrow he will try the trach collar for an hour or so. Later on today, the nurses will put Neil in the chair for a hour or so. Neil wants a sock and shoe for his left foot. He thinks this will add some support. Please pray for Neil's lungs.

Today is Wednesday and the past two Wednesdays have been terrible for Sue. We are celebrating a Wonderful Wedneday. Sue is not real, real perky but is feeling so much better. She is ready to go home right now. Her daughters are sooooo proud of her.

Please pray for the full recovery of Sue, Shannon and our other friends here.

We have smiled this morning as we thought of several things which indicate you have been in the SICU waiting room too long. One is when the waitress at Chappy's fills your order before you place it. One other is when the shuttle bus driver stops to ask about Neil. Hope this makes you all smile. There are so many more nice people in the world than not nice. We are blessed with all of you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil,
Your family at Creative Services is smiling big today. We are so proud of you. Remember, God is the Great Physician and we are continuing to keep you and your family in our prayers.
We love you Neil!!
"Miss Mildred"

Anonymous said...

Glad to know Neil is having a better day! Tell him PJ says hello. I am always thinking of you guys.

Lots of Love!
Patty Jo

Anonymous said...

Lucia -

I just wanted to leave you a note thanking you for this blog. Your brief updates about my grandmother are helpful to me in Atlanta. I called my mom yesterday and said "Memama's in a chair?" She told me that she had sent me an email about it but I READ IT ON YOUR BLOG FIRST. Amazing. I know that you and your family are a huge source of strength for my mom and aunt. It will be a great day for my family when my grandmother is able to go home, but it will be an almost equally great day for us when Neil is able to do the same. It is amazing to me that God has put our families in each others lives for support. Thank you for the updates, and thank you for including my grandmother in your updates.

Scott (you know, FROM CHINA)

Anonymous said...

Neil and Family,

I am very thankful for a better day. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

Love you all,

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I have been worried about Neil all morning. I am soooo glad today is a better day than yesterday!!! Please tell Neil and Deanne I think of them and pray for them constantly! Ms Lucia, I love you! You are an amazing woman and you have truly inspired my life! Please give Reese and Mr. Kenneth big hugs for me!
I love you guys!
Cant wait to see you!
xoxo
Candace Anderson

Anonymous said...

We are proud to hear Neil is having
a better day!! God continues to bless Neil minute by minute. Our thoughts and prayers are with Neil DeAnn & your family. Love to all!!

Gary,Rene,Blake and Brock

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that today is a better day!! Tell Neil that Coach Grimes and I think about him a lot and miss seeing him at the ECC!! You all are still in our prayers!

Cindy

Bryan said...

I am sooooooooooo glad that Neil is having a better day!!! I love y'all so much!!!! Give that sweet boy my love!!

Bryanie

Anonymous said...

Neil, it's so exciting that you're having a good day. You just keep amazing me and then there's your wife and family, so supportive and committed to seeing you back on your feet. This is such a wonderful story for you to tell someday. I've been so touched by your journey and hope to see you soon when I come South for a visit.
Love you guys,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Neil is having a better day. I can't believe he appolizied for not feeling good. He's certainly due. Tell him how proud I am of him. I hope Reese is feeling better too.
After Johnny's wreck, I read a book & gave it to Johnny to read called "Why Bad Things Happen To Good People". It's hard not to question God sometimes because we are human & fortunately God knows that. Your entire family has touched & inspired persons that you may never know about. I know ya'll have been a blessing to some of the people you have been with in the waiting room.
Neil, hang in there. There are much, much better days ahead.
Love ya,
Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

After I sent my comment & checked to see that it went, I read it again & saw how I spelled appologized. Lucia, I know better too.
Aunt Terry