Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22 1:45pm

GOOD afternoon and I really stress the "good", this is Reese writing by the way. Actually I guess I should say "GREAT"!!! Neil woke up this morning and one of Neil's respiratory therapists came in capped Neil's trach off and gave him oxygen through his nose. Which means that he is breathing like we all do! This was at 8:50am. He called Mom and said good morning and he later called me and talked to me for a good morning. The wound care team came in to check on Neil's leg and they came in and said that his leg looked 1000 TIMES BETTER!!! This is such great news and the days wasn't even 1/2 even over yet. Just a few minutes after the wound care doctors started looking at Neil's leg his orthopedic surgeon came by and said that his leg looked FANTASTIC! He didn't know that Neil's trach was capped off and he had been gone on a fishing trip for a week and so Neil asked him "Hey doc, where's my fish?" He about flipped out and with a big grin on his face said they were definitely on their way! Neil is having a great day so far. I know you have cut back to only one post a day but we couldn't make you wait on such great news!

ALSO Mrs. Sue's trach is out and she is heading to HealthSouth today. She just couldn't let Neil do everything before her and she's bustin' out of the joint today. So we told her to learn the ropes and we'll learn from her. We sure will miss her and Mrs. Susan and Mrs. Tommy Lee but can't wait to join them all at HealthSouth VERY SOON!!! See you all and missed you all!! Thank you all very much for your prayers!

***I tried a few times to post a photo but there is a problem with this application on blogger right now. I promise I'll make Mom post one soon!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! Neil, you will be at Health South soon. Keep up the good work!
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! This is GREAT news!!! Give Neil my love.

Patty Jo

joni said...

A Banner Day!!!! What great news.

joni

Anonymous said...

Neil,
We have all prayed for this day to arrive and God has answered our prayers!! We are so proud of the way you have fought your way back from your injuries. We know you haven't reached the end of the road yet, but you have come so far and I know you will be back home with Deanne soon. Just hang in there and be patient!!
We love you,
Nancy and Dale

Anonymous said...

Neil,
You keep doing so well that days like today just seem SPECTACULAR! Keep doing as you are and it will be in no time you will be up and about!
We love you and so proud of the progress you have made in 8 weeks!
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

WOW!!

What great news. Neil, you and Deanne have been such a blessing to me. Please know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Theresa Kelley

Anonymous said...

Reese, Neil, DeAnne, Lucia, Jan and Family,

I rejoice with all of you today on this GOOD DAY. Mau GOD continue to bless and perform miracles.

Debra

Anonymous said...

Neil, I guess you are making it up as you go along. Good for you. Give you an inch and you take a mile. Can't wait to see you.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

WOW Neil!!!! I had to go and tell Jonathan about you talking to the doctor and as I told it..I had chills. I am so proud of you and all of the progress you have made and are continuing to make!! Love you all lots!! Jill Neeley

Anonymous said...

What a great and blessed day! I know you are all beside yourselves with joy and gratefulness! It looks like it won't be long until you all are at Health South. Think those people are ready for ya'll? You have been such inspirations to so many people already and I am sure you will be at Health South too. I am so excited about all the good news on this wonderful Tuesday! Lucia, I know you are tickled to death over all this progress!
Love you,
Mackie

Anonymous said...

Neil, Deann and Kenneth, Thanks for letting Lucia get on the road this week. She does such a fine job! Know she misses you guys -- hope you're hanging in! She really loved hearing you on the phone this morning. What a great day you're having -- keep up the good work. Love to all, Becky P

Anonymous said...

We are so proud to hear this awesome news!! Praise the Lord! He has worked many miracles with you, Neil. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Mary, Ron, and Evan

Anonymous said...

Wow !!! You go Neil !!!I have a feeling you will be bustin out pretty soon yourself ....
Love you all !!!!
Rose & Lennie