Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22 9:00

Good evening, it is as good an evening as it was a day. I know Reese gave you all an update and some of it bears repeating. Neil's trach was capped this morning at 8:50 this morning. He is breathing on his own with a bit of oxygen. My goodness, this is wonderful. Of course, doing this he can talk. What a beautiful sound!!!! You know all the good news from the infectious disease doctor and the orthopedist. It just does not get better than this. Now, I have been gone last two days to work out of town. I told Neil I would have left two weeks ago if I had known the progress he would make it I left. We cannot wait until tomorrow. Please pray for Neil's lungs, leg and HIS breathing on his own.

Daniel and Kenneth tried to see Sue off but missed her. They are not sure how and went all over the hospital looking for her. Well, I went by Health South on my way in tonight to see Sue. She was asleep so I just threw her a kiss. She is in a comfortable room with a roommate. I am sure everyone over there will know her a "Queen". Nelson continues to improve. His brother is just beaming. Please pray for the full recovery of Sue, Shannon, Nelson, John and our other friends her.

We have a praise report. Our sweet friend, Pam Baker, was released from the hospital today. We are so pleased she is home tonight. Please add David Bandstra to the top of your prayer list as he awaits reports from biopsies.

Thanks so much for your love and support.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Neil,

Just let us know when you are ready for those corn chips. We love you and are so proud of your hard work. Hope to see you soon.
Your family at Creative Services definely wants to hear that sweet little voice.

Love ya,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday, DeAnn!! You deserve a big birthday!
Neil, you go boy! How awesome your progress is now!! This most fantastic news, what are you going to do tomorrow for an encore?? I talked with Brother Stanley tonight and he was excited about you talking to them and your progress. We all are!!
We'll continue the prayers and can't wait to hear your next progress reports.
Love,
Kathy & Frog

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday, DeAnn!! You deserve a big birthday!
Neil, you go boy! How awesome your progress is now!! This is most fantastic news, what are you going to do tomorrow for an encore?? I talked with Brother Stanley tonight and he was excited about you talking to them and your progress. We all are!!
We'll continue the prayers and can't wait to hear your next progress reports.
Love,
Kathy & Frog

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What wonderful news!
Tommy and Brenda

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!! Prayers have been answered over and over again. I am SO very excited for you all. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Jama Lewis Walker

Anonymous said...

Lucia I know you are just beaming as you posted the blog,how great to know that we serve a God that is so wonderful.We continue to pray for you all.love Linda H.WFOCQ

Anonymous said...

I am loving the things I read each day!!!!
Great news!!
Love you guys,
Candace

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear such great news!
Love, Valiece

Anonymous said...

Hello to all family,
Just wanted to remind you all that each of you continue to be in my prayers. I love the email to see Neil's daily progress.
DeAnn, Jan, Lucia and Kenneth I am sure this has strengthened your spiritual muscles. Our family can sure relate to what you are going through as we have been there before too.
You have so much support and prayers. We are all with you till God completes the issue at hand.

Love and prayers,
Fran Lawford

Anonymous said...

Great to hear he's talking again! I am so happy for you all!
Katie Parrish

Anonymous said...

Dear Neil,
We are so happy to hear the great miracles happening every day with your recovery.
We love you.
Uncle Rando, Aunt Gladys and T