Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1 10:00 am

Just visited Neil. We saw the doctor. He said Neil would need a day of rest today. The doctor said Neil will be here through all of this week and the move to Jackson will be discussed next week. Neil is very restless. They are changing Neil's medication and this may have something to do with Neil's restlessness. Neil is breathing much too quickly. So all of that to say, today will be a day for Neil to "chill" (words from my nephew). Please pray for Neil's lungs.

Please pray for the full recovery of Sue Shelton, Shannon Jones and our other friends here.

Today is five weeks since the accident. We are so very blessed to be here with Neil. We are very aware of the many miracles to save Neil's life and the medical skill which has sustained him. To say we are grateful is such an understatement. Your prayers and love get us up in the morning and keep a smile on our face during the day. We are sending our love to each of you.

Please continue to love and support the Andress family.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest is good! I hope each of you are resting as well! I am so thankful to have all of you in my life! I love you-
Candace Anderson

Anonymous said...

Give Neil my love and let him know I'm praying for him every morning and every night. He's such an inspiration to me and definitely puts things into perspective.
Love you
Lynn

The Queen said...

Neil
We are praying for continued healing of your lungs and restful days and sleep filled nights.
The days are long when you are in the hospital. It takes a lot of patience to get through each day.
You have come so far and I am so proud of your courage and your determination.
What a Guy.
Aunt Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Of all the people that deserve a day of rest is Neil. He has worked harder than any of us have EVER worked! Hang in there Neil and this will soon be over! We love you dearly and so pleased with your progress already!
Love,
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim

joni said...

Lucia,
We just finished our "press conference" for child abuse prevention month. I thought of you throughout the program. You have impacted so many people in this field, and you continue to do so as you handle this situation with such grace. I continue to be amazed by you. I hope you can all rest today, especially Neil! My love and prayers are with you always.

joni

Anonymous said...

Neil, I hope you have a good "resting" day! My thoughts and prayers are with each of you everyday.

Love you all,
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

Praying for a restful day!!
Tommy and Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hope you can rest today, Neil. You deserve it! Saw all the logs you can!:) Melanie

Anonymous said...

Let Neil know that I think of and pray for him daily, as I am continuing to pray for the whole family. I hope all of you are able to get some rest. The fight and grace that Neil and all of you are exhibiting throughout all of this is inspiring.

Erick Pennington