Thursday, March 27, 2008

March 27 1:35 pm

Just visited Neil. He is very tired but doing such a good job. He just said he feels better now than he did at 10 am. Yea!!!!!! His oxygen sat is 97 so we are certain he is responding well to this ventilator setting. (I know, I know we thought so yesterday) His blood pressure is up but not awful. Physical therapy has been by once today. She will be back for one more visit this afternoon. Neil does a "show and tell" after physical therapy. He was able to close his fist. Wow, this is grand progress. He is still coughing on a regular basis and is able to tell the nurse when he needs for them to suction. Dang, he is working hard.We continued to be encouraged. Please pray for Neil's lungs.

Please pray for the full recovery of Sue, Shannon and Christine. All visits indicate progress and we are so pleased for them.

Please continue to be supportive of the Andress family.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil, keep up the hard work!! I am so proud of you. Lucia, Kenneth, Reese and DeAnn your strength is amazing and inspiring! I think of all of you daily.

Sending lots of love and prayers,
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

Neil, I am sooooooo proud of you!!!I,m sure you get tired and sometimes discouraged, but I know you can pull out of this completely!!! You have never let anything keep you down before, and I'm sure this won't either! We love you and pray for you often each day,
Nancy and Dale

Anonymous said...

Way to go Neil!!! I am so proud of you:)
I love you all~
Candace Anderson

Anonymous said...

Neil, I get such inspiration from you. You have come so far and still the miracles keep coming. Hang in there honey.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

To all of the family of Neil you are in my thoughts and prayers. Lucia, you know me I have to fill your cup a little
"Optimism is the Faith that leads to achievement Nothing can be done with Hope and Confidence."
Helen Keller
Lucia, of all the people in my life you taught me one thing, all things are possible to those who believe and never give up! With Neil's hard work and love from everyone. This too shall pass. Please know you are never alone as you can tell from comments of others. Alaways in my prayers
Stacey King

Anonymous said...

Hi, Neil! You have touched so many lives, including mine. You are such a trooper, and I know God has his arms wrapped around you and your whole family. Take care and rest. I love you! Melanie:)

Anonymous said...

My name is Clay McDougald and I work with the City of Troy Fire Department. I'm sorry it has taken so long to send you a message. We are very thankful for the things you said about our department. It really means a lot to those of use who worked your sons wreck. Let him know that we are thinking about him and keeping him in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Sending loving prayers your way. We love you guys.