Friday, March 28, 2008

March 28 1:30 pm

Just visited Neil. We thought this morning was the best visit, but we were wrong. This was the best visit. Neil is soooooo much better. He is doing great with this ventilator setting. The PEEP is still at 10, but they have changed the pressure. (I will learn more about this at 5:30) He is still iniatiaing the breaths. We are so very encouraged!!!! Please pray for Neil's lungs.



I must tell you our waiting room is a bit louder today. We are hearing such good news and there are more smiles than we have had for a while. Sue is having one of her best days as is Neil. We continue to be blessed. Sue has her grandson's family here today and that makes everyone's day. They have more family coming later. This is just like Thanksgiving!!!! Please continue to pray for her full recovery.



Please continue to pray for the full recovery of Shannon, Christie, Mr. Moses and our other friends here. I have not heard from Clinton since Wednesday and sure pray he is doing well. Please know this waiting room is an amazing place. We are just a diverse group based on age, sex, ethnicity and every sort of difference. In the same breath, we have one thing in common in that we are loving someone with a difficult medical problem. We are all in this together and it is wonderful. Maybe I should say this is the best of life (as progress is made) and the saddest of life (as a family loses their loved one) all right here in this waiting room. We are able to manage all of this because of your love, support and prayers. I must add three weeks ago you all helped with a miracle for Neil and we will never forget this.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless ya'll. Have a great weekend and Keep improving. we love ya'll. susan b.

Anonymous said...

I must say that this last blog has brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine what the last 3 weeks have been like since I'm so far away but when I try to put myself in your place I can't even fathom the emotional roller coaster. I feel blessed myself just to share this amazing experience. Makes you stop and think.
I Love you all
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Great news!! I am so proud of Neil and you guys for staying positive and keeping your faith through all of this! I hope ya'll have a great weekend!

Leigh Locklar

Anonymous said...

I've got to stop reading this blog....I want to cry (tears of joy of course) most days when I read it and think about where Neil was 4 weeks ago and where he is now. I am sooooo very excited to hear of the possible move....won't that be a joyful day to have a change of "scenery" and to have the reassurance that the progress continues. We love you guys and our door is open whenever any of you get ready for a place to stay. Mr. Kenneth, we're still waiting for you to come spend the night and sit on the porch with us. Let us know if you need anything and we hope to see you this weekend. Love you guys
Alesha

Anonymous said...

Neil, what a SUPER job you are doing!!! I am so proud of you. Remember, you are one of my most favorite, special "boys." Everytime I check the updates, I get tears of joy and excitement. Keep up the great work!! (Rae has gotten a little more fiesty--if that's possible--and I need help to get her under control.) Love you bunches!!!!
Families, keep hanging in there. The days are looking brighter and brighter.
Pam McCollough

Anonymous said...

So good to hear of the progress Neil continues to make! He is still in our prayers for complete recovery.
John and Glenda Bryan

Anonymous said...

Keep it up bub! I'm proud of ya! I can't wait to hear you keep improving! Love you!

Chubbs

Anonymous said...

Hope you all have a good weekend. Sounds like today has been a great day! Please give Neil my love. You guys hang in there!

Patty Jo

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO NEIL!!! We are loving reading this and hearing all the good news! Keep up the good work and we'll continue the prayer work on our end! We all love you to pieces!

Tony and Rebecca

ps. i hear mom told you i was getting 'poochy'! she needs to keep her opinions to herself!!! :-)

Unknown said...

I am so-o-o excited about all of your great news! I think all of this is definitely an answer to a lot of prayers! God's probably gotten tired of hearing all of us keeping Neil's name in the foreground so He decided to bless us all by letting Neil show remarkable progress.
Oh yeah Lucia, I got a call from V.A. today and I start @ Ft. Rucker on April 14th! Finally! Please know you are all in our thoughts and prayers! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Lucia, I am so encouraged on all your messages today. The Lord does work in mysterious ways and aren't we thankful! Neil and the whole family will remain in our prayers. All of you are real troopers and we are so proud of you. With Love, Peggy Hood Waters