Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14 5:50 pm


This picture was taken at DeAnn's cousin's wedding. A good time had by all. Yea
We just saw Neil. We are letting DeAnn finish the visit and give him afternoon "sugar". Neil's oxygen sat is 96. The PEEP is still at 35. You will remember this morning they tried to bring the PEEP down to 32, but Neil was not completely happy with this. The nurse moved the PEEP back to 35 and had to turn the oxygen percentage to 80. Neil responded well to this and the nurse has been able to bring the oxygen percentage down to 75. Neil started the day at 70% oxygen rate and the nurse said she will move it down later tonight or tomorrow. Neil's blood pressure has gone up a bit this afternoon. The nurse said they will not give medication to bring this down until it is in the 180s. I asked the nurse about the breath sounds. She said the upper lobes sound good which indicates the lungs are still inflated. She said the lower lobes have some "crackle". I asked her if "crackle" was better than "coarse". She said one was not better than the other, the sounds were just different. I am thinking Neil is having a boring day and I am loving it. Hope you all have fun plans for tonight. As you go about your evening please pray for Neil's lungs and the Andress family.

10 comments:

Janet Stambaugh said...

Beautiful Pic!!Continuing to pray for Neil. See you soon.
Love,
Janet

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous couple! Love to all! Melanie

Anonymous said...

boring can be good, even though we are not used to Neil being bored. We continue our prayers
George & Henri

Judy Bolton said...

It can't be too boring of a day with DeAnn's sugar!

Love, prayers, and hugs to ya'll.

JK and V

Anonymous said...

The picture is beautiful. You all are in ours thoughts and prayers. We are praying for Neil's lungs to get well.
God Bless!
Lloyd & Ella

Karmen Dorsey said...

Dear Lucia,

I will be thrilled WHEN Neil is healed, but I will miss hearing from you throughout the day. You have such a sweet spirit and you're super-positive. I guess I'll just have to set my phone to "speed dial" and call you :-)

Aunt Jane now has the blog site so be assured you have another prayer warrior for Neil.

I'm glad Neil's day was boring. However, I feel a huge PROGRESS day coming.

Neil remains in our prayers. Everyone is praying for his lungs. He'll probably end up with the best set of all!!!!

Love,
Karmen

Anonymous said...

The pics are great...we check the blog every chance that we get and rejoice in all the baby steps that Neil is making. We continue to pray for Neil and all of you. We pray for a "restful weekend" for all!
Love to all of you!!!!
The Grimes
Anita, Bryan, Ashton, Britt, Christy and Tanner

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father
Thank you for answered prayers. We ask that you continue your healing process . We truly trust you with Neil . We know that you care for his every need.

We are praying in Mobile, Al
Yours in Christ
Judy and Joseph Thompson

Anonymous said...

Lucia, this one's for you! You have always been an inspiration to me. Just like Neil, you always have a big smile and positive outlook. Many times you didn't even know it, but you lifted my spirits when I was down. Adam loved "Miss Lucia", and you have always let me know how much you loved him. You, Kenneth, Reese, and DeAnn are all troopers! Neil is a very fortunate young man to have the wife and family he has. Try to rest, and I hope this weekend finds Neil turning that corner! Love ya lots!!!!!!!!!! Melanie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. I'm glad Neil's having a boring day so far. Hopefully it will continue through the night. Ya'll are on my mind all day and I continue to pray all day and every day. I won't be checking in for a while cause I'll be on the road for 9 hours. Yay! Can't wait to get home and check in to see how Neil's doing. I'll see ya'll soon. Love you lots!! God Bless!!
Kerri Lawford