Thursday, March 20, 2008

March 20 8:55pm

Just visited with Neil. He is still nauseated, but my goodness, he is the most handsome man we have ever seen. We are so proud of him. Neil is still on the pressure controlled ventilator with the setting of 15 PEEP, 20 breaths a minute and 40% oxygen. His oxygen sat is 98. You go, boy!!!!! His blood pressure is back within normal range. He is getting sleepy. DeAnn is staying with Neil and saying good night to him. Please pray for Neil's lungs.

Please remember Mr. John and his family. Mr. John went to heaven this afternoon.

Please pray for Sue. Her family is as optimistic as we are. They have had several miracles and are expecting more. We know you all can help with those.

Mr. Roger has been in SICU for several days. His daughter has been with us. Mr. Roger just got moved to a room. How wonderful is that?

We have been so very blessed during this Holy Week. Your love and support puts "pep in our step". All of us are sending you our love. Please know as you are praying for Neil's lungs, we are thanking God you all are in our lives.

5 comments:

Judy Bolton said...

Keep trucking, Neil. We pray for your lungs to continue the healing process and the nausea will subside. We also are praying for the friends your family has met during your stay in SICU.

I saw 2 thumbs up in the toga party picture, Neil's and Uncle John's. You guys are such a warm, fun-loving, positive family, and have given me many smiles and happy moments. Never a dull moment, that's for sure! Word has it that Uncle John is going to be with ya'll tomorrow. Watch out! Hold on to your toga/sheet!!!

Love you, "Aunt" JuJu and "Uncle" V

Karmen Dorsey said...

Thank you for sharing so much with us. Neil's miraculous story touches my heart in so many ways. Lucia, the Lord is using you to bless those hurting people in the waiting room. You have such a special "touch" about you, and you bring our Lord so much glory. I'm so happy to know you.
Even though Neil is improving, the prayers for him are ever present. I can't wait to see more miracles. God is so good!
Love,
Karmen

Anonymous said...

Just checking in before we go to bed. Sending you ALL our love and prayers. You are ALL doing a great job! Please give Neil my love. He is doing great!

MUCH LOVE,
PATTY JO

Anonymous said...

A friend shared w/me several months ago her morning devotion that touched her heart for some troubles she was struggling w/ at the time. As I was re-reading it again, I thought it answers yours and our needs at this time as we continue to pray for you and all the others.
"Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what. Remember that I go before you as well as with you into the day. Nothing takes Me by surprise. I will not allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me. I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents. Collaborating with Me brings blessings that far outweight all your troubles. Awareness of my Presence contains Joy that can endure all eventualities."
How fitting is that! Praise God for all His blessings!
Love and prays to all.
Kathy & Fred

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I've started checking on Neil as part of my morning routine. What a blessing and inspiration all of you are to me. Such devotion is truly a gift from God. Seems like our prayers are definitely being heard. God bless all of you.
Lynn