Monday, March 17, 2008

March 17 8:55 pm

I am impressed I was able to do this. Reese will smile. This is Neil and two of his best buds, Jerry and JD. Aren't they a good looking group? We are so very proud of all three.

We just visited Neil. He continues to respond well to this ventilator setting. We will end this day with Neil's settings on this ventilator at 20 breaths a minute, 15 PEEP and 65% oxygen. His oxygen sat is 98-99. His blood pressure is within normal range. He has NO temperature. He has been off the antibiotics since March 13. Isn't that amazing with the potential for infection in his foot, his perforated colon, and his compromised lungs? All that needs to be said is "miracles abound". We are so pleased with the progress Neil is making. It does seem slow at times but he has to make this type of progress to get better. This has been a grand day for Neil. Please pray for Neil's lungs. I was able to meet Scott and he is doing excellent. He is getting good reports and Cindy is so pleased. Please continue to remember Scott and his family in your prayers. Sue has rested well today. Her ventilator settings have been reduced. Please remember Sue and her sweet daughters in your prayers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome trio! They are all three so near and dear to my heart! It makes me feel better when I am around them and their sweet smiles. When Neil gets better, maybe the three of them can come together to visit. I'd love that! What a great day for all of you. God is awesome, isn't he? Sleep well! Tomorrow is a new beginning. Lots of love and hugs! Melanie:)

Karmen Dorsey said...

Go, Neil, Go!!!!
It's amazing to know so many people in so many places are praying for Neil. Who isn't praying for Neil?!!! Everyone is!!
This is so awesome. The Lord has made Neil so special. We all love him and want him to get better....and he is doing just that!!!! Thank you Father!
Love to all,
Karmen

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about the good news! You've done well today, Neil. I'm proud of you! I will see y'all tomorrow.

Love,
Mary :)

Janet Stambaugh said...

You go girl!!! Reese is impressed I am sure. Enjoyed sooo much visiting today -- especially with the good reports. Go Neil and keep it up Buddy! Always in my prayers.

Good Night
Janet

Judy Bolton said...

Grand day indeed. We are so happy for Neil's progress and praying for him and all of you.

Love you, JK and V

Anonymous said...

Neil is amazing!! GOD is really working with Neil.GOD IS SO GOOD!! We are so glad to hear the good news.
GOD BLESS!
Lloyd, Ella, Tim and Cody Daniels

Anonymous said...

Way to go Neil! another day behind you on the road to recovery, you just keep on keeping on. We are proud of you! Lucia you are my hero, when I grow up I want to be just like you.
Love to all,
Juli

austampers stampin room said...

What a great day! I'm so proud of how well all of you are doing! I am looking forward to hearing more good news today.
Lots of prayers!
Krista