Monday, March 17, 2008

March 17 8:00 am

Good Morning, Just talked to the nurse and she reported Neil was "status quo" with no changes. We love this as it means Neil lost not a step last night. We continue to be "cautiously" optimistic with each hour. (That is the term that is used from time to time with Neil's medical staff. I must say we are "wildly" optimistic.) We are so pleased that with each baby step Neil makes, he continues to build a "safety net" for himself just in case he has a step backwards. We just learned it is St. Patrick's Day. You would all pinch us because none of us is wearing green. Hope you all have a great day. Your love and support is humbling and overwhelming. Words just are not adequate. Please pray for Neil's lungs. I will be able to report on our other friends later in the day. We do know one of the shooting victims from Igor's was released yesterday. How wonderful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that my mother now has Neil on the prayer list at First Baptist Church in Montomery. ALL our prayers are lifted up daily, hourly...... every mimute of the day. What a wonderful weekend Neil had. I know this week he will get stronger and stronger. Much love and many hugs to you all, Sara and Al

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend for Neil! Way to go!!!! To the family, continue to be wildly optimistic...God does things beyond our wildest expectations! Leave it up to the medical staff to be "grounded"!!! Hope you all have a great week!

Always in my thoughts and prayers,

Leigh Locklar

joni said...

Lucia,
I thought of you all weekend as I was unpacking. Periodically, I stopped to check the updates Neil. Everytime it was good news! How GREAT is our God!!! By the way, I found my Professional Communications workbook yesterday....memories!! I'm still praying and loving you guys! I hope it is a great Monday!

joni

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful Neil continues to make baby steps. We certainly celebrate these. We continue to pray for Neil each day and have added our other friends to our prayers. We enjoy the updates on everyone and can certaintly see that you continue to practice good social work! Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
Patsy, Margie, Shonda, Heather

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news the last few days!! You all are still in my prayers and will continue to be. "Wildly optimistic" sounds great to me!! God is so good and is certainly hearing our prayers. Hope this week brings nothing but great big steps for Neil.
Jama Lewis Walker

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Glad to hear good news! I just wanted to let you know that you'll have to share Dr. Vermillion with us tomorrow because Gunter is getting his port out! :-) Praying that Neil will have a good week.

Bethany Akridge

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing this weekend has been! You all are constantly on my mind and in my heart. We love you all dearly and have everyone praying for you at Samford Athletics. Hope this week brings many more steps forward!

Vaughan & Grant Lyons