Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March 12 8:50 am

We just talked to the doctor. He lowered the oxygen percentage down to 70 and the PEEP down to 38. This was just done and Neil initially has responded well to this new setting. We are prayerful he will be able to continue to respond to this. He is now in the 30s. YEA!!!!!!!!! Neil's blood pressure is "all over the place". The doctor said this is fairly common with young trauma patients. Neil continues to get medication to help with his blood pressure and the patch should also help with this. I asked about the chest x-rays and the doctor said the chest x-rays right now are showing the lungs are inflated. (Thank goodness) I asked about the infection in the lungs and the doctor said the lowering of the ventilator is indicative of some healing in the lungs. We are rejoicing. We want to think Neil has "turned a corner", however our medical professionals have not said that yet. Hope all of you have a good day. Please continue to pray for Neil's lungs.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil, In my humble opinion (albeit supported by some medical knowledge) I think you just might be "peeking" around that corner. I pray for you constantly, but today I will definitely add a thanks for you progress the past 2 days. To the family, stay strong. God is carrying Neil right now until he has the strength to stand on his own again. I love you all, Kristi Wilkerson

Anonymous said...

God is still answering our prayers. I hope today is going to be a great day!!!!!! K Farris

Carla Guthrie said...

Neil and family, Each morning I check on your condition and pray for God's continued healing. I know that "All things are possible with God". Blessings,
Carla Guthrie

Anonymous said...

Everyone at Elba High is praying for you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Everyone!
It is great to hear that our prayers are beig answered and Neil has had some great progress.
I love you all and continue to pray for Neil's recovery.
Keep fighting, Neil!

Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

Alright, I am liking what I am reading!! I am so proud of all of you for staying so strong, especially Neil! This is going to make for one heck of a story to share God's love and miracles!!

Liz

Anonymous said...

God is wonderful and definitely blessing Neil today! I read the article in the Troy Messenger and balled my eyeballs out! It was so touching to hear Ms. Lucia and DeAnn speak the uplifting and encouraging words as they did! God has not only blessed Neil with progress of healing lungs, He has blessed Neil with an outstanding, strong and courageous family! Keep fighting Neil! I love you all!
Candace Anderson