Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March 18 1:35 pm

Yea!!!!!! Neil's oxygen sat is up to 96-97. He is responding very well to this ventilator setting. My goodness we are so pleased. As the nurses talked to us, they continue to ground us. Neil's condition is still critical and he is not yet stable. However, all the steps he is making will change that in the near future. Miracles abound. Our sweet friend, Scott, was discharged today. We believe he is now home and getting comfortable as he continues his recovery. Cindy was all smiles and so dear to all of us. We love to celebrate when people are moved from SICU or discharged home. Please remember Mr. Fred's family as he is now in a coma. We are doing our best to support his family with this sad situation. (All life support was removed last Wednesday.) Please pray for Neil's lung and for the trach procedure which will happen sometime today or early evening. Thanks so very much for all of your love and support.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The news is so wonderful!!! I will continue my prayers for Neil.
Linda Young

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOOO!!! Go Neil!!!

Unknown said...

Kenneth,
About 2 weeks ago you and I talked about how we would take the little smidgens of improvements because we knew they would add up to big smidgens? Well, it is not only big smidgens, it is LARGE smidgens of improvements! Wonderful news!! Our thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Fred's family during this difficult time.
Love to all,
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for the procedure to go well. Also, I am praying for Fred and his family. I know how hard this is for them. Love to all! Melanie

Anonymous said...

Neil's family,
I would like to say Thank You for remembering Fred and his family. It has been a reaaly hard road for us. I'm his only daughter-in-law and it has been very difficult for me to watch him go down. I pray for Neil everyday. I have faith he will recover. Your family is in my prayers also. Just wanted to tell you Thank You!!

Jennifer Little

Anonymous said...

Great news on Neil's improvement. We are still praying for Neil and the entire family. We pray that each day will get even better. With Love, Peggy Hood Waters

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all of the wonderful news! I am continuing to pray for Neil and the family. I will send up a special one today just for the trach procedure. It is so uplifting to hear about each step of improvement - Praise God! I love you all! Valiece

austampers stampin room said...

Continued prayers for Neil and the procedure! I am so happy to hear of his progress!!!

Krista

Unknown said...

Praying hard every day for you Neil! We love to hear of those achievements in your recovery no matter how big or small! You're a fighter and that's what we love about you.

To the fam...your strength is inspiring. We love all of you.

Daniel, Melissa & Charlie Ward