Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 23 7:40 am

Happy Easter to all of you. Just talked to the nurse and she said Neil is resting and had a good night. We went to Sunrise Service at Frazier Methodist Church here is Montgomery. It was good for our spirits. The sunrise was beautiful and it was clear "God was in his heaven and all is right with the world". We are all indeed blessed.

I have to share something that will make you smile. Yesterday Neil said he needed to talk to me alone. I was going, "Oh, yeah, Neil wants to talk to his Mom alone". As everyone left, I was a bit puffed with pride. I leaned over and asked my sweet son what he needed. He said, "Please get DeAnn an Easter present". He told me exactly what to get. Isn't that wonderful? I am so very proud of Neil. Reese went shopping and we were able to sneak DeAnn's Easter basket to the nurse and she will have it in Neil's room for the first visit. Yesterday DeAnn went shopping and has a wonderful Easter basket for Neil. She was able to get this to the nurse last night so he will be able to see it when he wakes up.

We have made our nest here in the waiting room. It is going to be the best Easter ever for the Grantham family. Please pray for Neil's lungs.

Please pray for the recovery of Sue, Shannon, Brian, Clinton (had very serious surgery), Mary, Kim and our other friends here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's miracles are certainly showing. Don't you love it when our kids still need us!! Hope today brings more miracles and Neil continues to improve this Easter day. Keep smiling as I know you all are grinning this Easter Day.
We love you,
George & Henri

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to all of you and we continue our prayers for Neil and the families. With all our love,
Uncle V and JK

Anonymous said...

Lucia,
Good morning and Happy Easter. Things are definitely looking up. I'm in awe of your strength and commitment. It's going to be the most wonderful Easter ever. May God continue to keep you engulfed in his love.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Neil.
Bob & Peachy

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you all!! I also went to sunrise service at Westside and thought about you all while I was sitting there.It was a beautiful morning and I know it has to be a wonderful Easter for all of you!!!!! I keep praying!!! God bless you all. K Farris

Anonymous said...

Great news! Happy Easter! Sending you all my love. This all makes me smile! Have a wonderful day.

All my love!
Patty Jo

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you and your family. I am certain this is the best Easter ever for every one of you!! Our prayers will continue for Neil on his road to recovery and for each of you. Our God is an AWESOME God!
Jama Lewis Walker

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!! We went to sunrise service at Hebron. Easter services are always special to me (Tara was born on Easter Sunday), but this one was even more special because of the miracles God has worked on Neil. Neil thinking of wanting something for DeAnn for Easter shows the kind of person he is and why he is so loved. I also personally know he was "raised up right".
We love all of you and continue to pray for Neil's continued recovery.
Aunt Terry & Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

Lucia and family,
He has RISEN!!!! What an incredible Easter!!!! I am so thankful that Neil continues to improve and you have your "baby" Neil back!!!! Have a wonderful Easter and celebrate the resurrection and God's continued miracles!!!!
Love
Betty and Angie

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

That's about the sweetest story I've ever heard! I pray this trial continues to strengthen Neil and DeAnn's marriage and sweeten their love for each other.

Bethany Akridge