Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 25 1:35 pm

Just visited Neil. I did get to stay with Neil for a while after the last visit. Shhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone because this was a "cheat" visit. He was coughing quite a bit. The nurse moved the bed and tried to get him more comfortable. Coughing for a while makes his blood pressure go up. He still had the blood pressure patch and the nurse gave him some additional medication to help wiht this. So, Neil and I did not visit, but we were able to smile and wink at each other. How special is that!!!!! Dang, I am a proud mother. The physical therapist had been by this morning. We are able to read cards and give Neil updates from all of you. He is still on the regular ventilator (this one is volume controlled). The setting is still at 14 breaths a minute, 40% oxygen and 10 PEEP. He is responding well with an oxygen sat of 98. Please continue to pray for Neil's lungs

Please continue to pray for Sue's full recovery. She is having a difficult day. Her sweet daughters are so supportive and love their mother so much. We are all praying hard.

Please pray for Shannon's full recovery. The trach procedure was successful, but she now has a staff infection.

We hear from Clinton's wife that he continues to make progress. He is a room on our floor. Please continue to pray for his recovery.

Please remember the Andress family with your love and support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucia, you should be proud. As an onlooker and not being able to physically visit with all of you, I'm in awe of your strength and courage as well as your joy at all of the little miracles. The day will come when he walks out of that hospital on his own. Celebrate each day as each day seems to bring another miracle.
Hope to see you soon.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Lucia & DeeAnn, I'm here for you and your family every step of the way. Ya'll are in my heart and prayers every day! It brings me so much happiness to check the blog and view Neil's progress. I have to wonder what my co-workers think I'm grinning about! haha I know all of you are smiling too! God is great, God is good!
Faye Farris Colburn

Anonymous said...

Lucia,
I am so glad you got some extra time with your boy. It's ok to be a Proud mother!!!!! The miracles continue every minute. We love you and hope to see you soon
love
betty and angie

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you are getting these special visits in, tell Neil to hang in there and we still think of him all the time. Glad he is continuing his recovery and you all are an inspiration to everyone.
Uncle V and Jk

Anonymous said...

I just CANNOT wait to see ya'll on Friday! So much to be so thankful for! I am sharing the miracles every opportunity I get. As I have already said, what an excellent testimony we have in Neil and Neil for himself!!
Love to all!
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Hey pals, thinking of you all on this beautiful day. Know you continue to be encouraged every day as Neil's recovery progresses. I'm wondering if the coughing is helping get junk up from his lungs -- just looking for a silver lining about this. Can't help but feel this helps Neil in the long run (as it helps my mother's lungs). Keeping you close in my heart.
Love to all, Becky P

Anonymous said...

As a mother I can imagine how wonderful it is to just look and smile at Neil - most of all to have him smile back. We are so proud of the progress Neil is making and thank God for His blessings. Keep up the good work Neil. We love you all.
Wayne & Linda