Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March 12 5:55 pm

Yea!!!!!!! Neil had responded very well to the ventilator setting all day. The nurses moved Neil and got him looking all handsome. During this workout the bed had to be stopped for a while. Following this, Neil's oxygen sat dropped to 89 but then it recovered. His oxygen sat is at 94 right now, the oxygen percentage is at 70 and the PEEP has been moved down to 35. His gases looked a lot better than yesterday. His blood pressure is still varying. They hope to fix that by giving him fluid. My goodness, what a good job Neil has done. I am so proud of him. Today we showed the nurse the article in the Troy Messenger. She said they needed a picture of Neil in his ICU cubicle because they have never really seen him. Well, within the next few hours DeAnn had several pictures on the nurses board in Neil's room. This has been a grand day. The surest way for me to describe it to you is to tell you Neil's day nurse is smiling!!!! Thank you all so very much. Please keep praying for Neil's lungs.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marvelous news! I see lots of good things coming Neil's way. Keep up the good work Neil!

Rudy and Rachel

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answered prayers--lots of prayers from your corner of the world and far reaching from here. We love you all and rejoice at the good news!! Atta boy, Neil--you go!!!
Love,
"Aunt" Kathy & Frog

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!!!! God bless you all. K Farris

Anonymous said...

I am excited about the good news today. I have been keeping up with everyday. My thoughts and prays are with ya'll. Bart and Kristin are praying for you too. Keep up the good work Neil. I look foreward for you to each visit. God Bless. Susan B.

Judy Bolton said...

We are smiling in Madison and Brandon, too :) Sounds like the nurses and docs at Baptist Med South are doing a superb job keeping Neil on track and you well informed. We continually pray for Neil's lungs.

Love you, JK and V

Anonymous said...

We're glad to hear it's been a great day for Neil and y'all! We love you and continue to pray for Neil's lungs. Last night Evan came to me while I was on the computer and wanted to see the picture of "Deil and Ann". I showed him the Mardi Gras picture and he said, "I like Deil and Ann." I just thought that'd make you smile.

We love you all,
Mary, Ron, and Evan :)

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We serve an awsome GOD who will continue to do awesome things with Neil!!! I love you all! Susan Lawford

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness such wonderful news!!! I am so thankful you All were blessed with a "boring" day. Tell Neil to keep up the fight and that we are so proud of him also. I send my love, thoughts and prayers to and for each of you. And we continue to ask the Lord to heal Neil's lungs
Love to all of you!!!!!

Debbie S.

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have gotten to read the blog today and words can't describe how excited I am. I am sooooooo proud of you Neil!!! God is great! As always, prayers are being answered. DeAnn and family, ya'll have been so hopeful through this and that helps keep everyone else hopeful. Thank you for being so strong! I love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news! It seems like everytime I get on here the vent settings have been decreased and now the oxygen levels are being weaned down which is AWESOME because that means his lungs are getting a little stronger everyday! I continue to pray for Neil, his recovery, and for all of you that are by his side daily.

Emilee Benbow

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news today. I wanted you all to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We had prayer tonight at Church for Neil. We love you all. Sue Mace and Suzanne