Monday, March 17, 2008

March 17 10:50 am

Just visited with Neil. OK Folks, you all know my medical training is nil, so I have to correct my misunderstanding. Neil is in fact now on a pressure controlled ventilator. He is on 20 breaths a minute. What I misunderstood is the PEEP. First thing this morning was not at 30 but was at 10 PEEP. This monitor has numbers in a different place and I have no respiratory therapy experience. This morning the oxygen percentage was at 65%. Now I have corrected the first blog, I will give you the update now. First, Neil's color is great. DeAnn and I think he is the most handsome man we have seen in a long time. The nurse moved the PEEP up from 10 to 15 and the oxygen percentage up from 65 to 100%. His oxygen sat is at 98. The nurse said she hopes Neil would be able to manage this and thinks these numbers will come down during the day. His blood pressure is down some. We are so thankful for this day. Please continue to pray for Neil's lungs. Miracles continue for Sue Shelton. She is having a very good morning. Please continue to pray for her and all our other friends here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying! Hope you all have a wonderful day, please pinch Neil for me!!!
Love you guys,
Candace Anderson

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear this good news this morning!! Neil, we are all praying for you!! Kenneth, Lucia & DeeAnn----we love you and think about you a lot!!!!

Cindy & Wynn

Jennieree said...

Thank God for the good news! We're in constant prayer for you all!
lots of love from the Bruces,
Pat,Jennie, and Django

Anonymous said...

If you pinch Neil for me, let it be on his cute little cheek! He better not get pinched too much. Just remember, there is always REVENGE!!!!!!!!! I love all of you! Melanie

Anonymous said...

We have ya'll on our prayer list at Elba First and we are constantly praying for his improvement and for strength for the family. With God ALL things are possible to them that believe. love Gary Weeks & Family