Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March 12 8:50 pm

Last summer Neil's aunt and uncle put up a Christmas tree on the beach. All day we posed and played around the Christmas tree. You will notice Neil is trying to look as "slim" as Jerry. He does not quite make it, but a good try indeed.

We just visited with Neil. My,my Neil is finishing this day on a good note, just like he started it. His oxygen sat is 96 with the new ventilator setting of 35 PEEP and 70% oxygen. Also, his blood pressure is down some. Surely this must mean he is looking down the road around the corner!!!! Neil still has his music in his room and DeAnn and Reese helped serenade Neil with Come Monday. We cannot wait until we can hear from Neil in the morning. We so appreciate the love and support from all of you. There is no way we could have managed this without your help. Please continue to pray for Neil's lungs.

10 comments:

Karmen Dorsey said...

Go,God,Go! I'm so thankful of Neil's progress.
Our family will continue to pray, pray, pray. Count on it :-)
We love you so much!
Karmen

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful to God for Neil's progress. Today has truly been blessed. We continue to pray for Neil and the whole family.
God Bless.
Lloyd & Ella

Anonymous said...

Thank God for the wonderful progress Neil has made the last 24 hours! Prayers are still being sent up daily in Brantley, AL for you and your family. God is good! Jama Lewis Walker and family

Melissa Lester said...

I babysat often for Mary and Elizabeth years ago when my dad was a minister in Elba, and I remember how sweet your whole extended family was. We will be praying for a good recovery for Neil. My family lives near Montgomery, so if anyone in your family needs a place to stay while he is in the hospital, you are welcome.

Unknown said...

God you are so awesome I don't know what Neil would do without you. We are praying night and day for u and we love ya. I hope you come out strong. Trust in the lord with all your heart.

LOVE YA

EMILY EDWARDS PAT'S NIECE
AND
PAT KELLY

Anonymous said...

Good Night Guys! I hope you all get great rest tonight! I am so proud of all of you, especially Neil! I pray for the wings of God's love and protection to wrap around you tonight and always. I love you guys and am so proud of all of you!
Always,
Cammie Kelley

Janet Stambaugh said...

Enjoyed the visit today. I am so glad Neil's good day continues!!! Things seem to be looking up. It was good to see you all smile!
Love,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Weems Road Free Will Baptist Church in Columbus, GA prayed for Neil tonight and he's been added to our prayer list. God is good all the time....all the time God is good. God bless you all.

Kelly Dickerson said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. It is amazing what God can do. Keep your faith and remember prayer goes a long way. I'll keep you in my prayers. He's going to make it! Keep looking up because love and healing is coming down.

Anonymous said...

The Christmas at the beach is just another classic Grantham/Stephens moment that Blake and I were thrilled to be a part of. Soooooo glad to continue hearing great things about Neil. Deann and Reese will have to sing Marie Devo to Neil at their next performance. Ahh, the memories. Hope today is even better than the last few days have been. Sending our love and prayers your way....
Alesha and Blake