Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26, 2008 8:00 PM

Hey Guys,

Wow. I kinda have a lot to talk about. First, today is the 6 month anniversary of my accident. It really doesn't seem like its been that long. Next, today was the first day at rehab that I did not use a platform walker at all to walk. I used a regular walker and a cane. Rehab was very good today and I am feeling so much better.

Now for the BIG news. I went to see "The Big Man" today, Dr. V. We have scheduled my last surgery for next Wednesday. This entails "the tummy tuck" and reversing the ostomy. We are so excited because this will make everything a whole lot better for DeAnn and myself. It means I'm free to take showers every night and really get on the road to recovery. The only downside to this is it will keep me from rehab for 4-6 weeks, but this is a must. We are planning a beach trip this weekend, so that will give us all a great break before we do all of it again.

I found out this morning that Trae and Keli Bryan's son Ben is in the hospital with a virus so please pray for him when you can. They hope he can go home in a couple of days.

Football season is upon us and that will make my stay at beautiful Baptist South a little easier. I hope everybody is having a great week.

Fins Up,
Jr.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Stewart said...

Your news sounds sooo good! Sounds like things are really taking off! Happy Late Anniversary! I know that you two will have a nice beach weekend to celebrate. You two certainly deserve the best! I am still praying for you every day!! Your strength and determination are beyond anything I have ever seen! What a hero!! Love you lots and hope to see you soon. We will be in Elba this weekend, so maybe I can catch you coming through. Be safe! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe it has been 6 months since the accident!! Your progress has been amazing! I hope you two have a great weekend at the beach... Oh yeah WAR EAGLE, Neil!
Love yall,
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

Neil,
Wow, just one more hurdle. I'll be thinking of you and praying that you'll be back in rehab sooner rather than later. I'm sooooo proud of you and your courage. Love you
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I knew nothing would hold you back, Neil. WOW, have you made such progress and I am so proud of you and DeAnn. Hope to see you soon. ROLL TIDE!!!! Love you, Jill