Friday, August 22, 2008

August 22, 2008 11:15 AM

Yeah, I know this is a rarity. However, this is a special occasion.

Today 58 years ago Kenneth Neil Grantham was brought into this world by Neil and Agnes Marler Grantham. Most of you know how lucky Reese and I are to be able to call him Dad. This guy has taken me to more things in 25 years than most people go to in a lifetime. At different times I have been to Augusta National, the World Series, Talladega, or Yankee Stadium. At each of these locations I have been able to give him a hug and say thanks for all he has done. Those memories are priceless and given the events of 6 months ago, it makes them that much more special. Reese and I have always been taken care of by Mom and Dad and have such great relationships with both.

The coolest thing is that I would follow him anywhere in the world just to say I was with him. He has given me so many things that money can buy, but even more that money couldn't touch. I'm so grateful I can call him and ask questions or get advice and not be judged.

I am so lucky that I get to call him my peer, my friend, my HERO, but the thing that makes me the luckiest guy in the world is that I get to call Kenneth Grantham DAD..

Happy Birthday Big Guy. Reese, DeAnn and I Love You so much. I hope you have a good one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Neil,

We love you and we wish Kenneth a very special and happy birthday (which I know he is having).

Love,
The Creative Services Gang

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe

I will have to say that there is not much more you can say about DAD. You two have had such a close relationship and that is wonderful. Wish you could have beenhere to eat with us today.
Missed you.
LOVE, Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Your Dad has to be the "greatest Dad" ever, but he sure is getting old! No matter what I will always be younger. Hope you and DeAnn have a super weekend. You guys have certainly had a most unusual First Year. I love ya'll. YPSSSYGA

Anonymous said...

Hey, Neil and Deann, glad you are doing better, it was great to get to be with you guys. Your Dad and Mom are very special. Happy Birthday, Kenneth, hope to see you all soon.
Uncle v

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil and D,
Neil, tell your Dad Happy Birthday for me. Tell him I do love an "old" man!!! Hope you guys are doing well!! Tell your Mom "Hello" too.

Lots of love~ PJ

Anonymous said...

Neil,
In celebration of family, I'd like to announce that our baby boy, Graham Goodson Andress, was born on August 10 at 11:26 pm in Birminham. He was 8 lbs 15 oz, 21 inches and it took 47 hours of labor and 2 1/2 hourse of pushing to get him out. He is happy and healthy and enjoying staying home with his Mommy. We continue to pray for you and your family and we're uplifted by your terrific progress and drive. Sincerely, Tricia Andress (Anniston, AL)

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil,
I guess you think that since today is your's and Deann's 1 year anniversary you can take the day off, huh? Just kidding. I hope you guys are having a wonderful day as you surely have a lot to celebrate. Love you both!!!
Alesha