Thursday, May 1, 2008

May 1, 8:00 pm

Hello to all, This is another Banner Day. They pulled Neil's trach this morning and he is doing excellent. He is breathing all on his own. He took off the oxygen support and has not put it back on. The wound care folks came and dressed his abdomen. They are very pleased with the way the wound looks. They will consult with the folks at Health South as the nurses there will change the dressing when Neil moves. Neil was up in the chair for 3 1/2 hours today. My goodness, Neil has come a million miles and we are so pleased. Please continue to pray for lungs, leg and his breathing on his own.

Bob Robertson's (Bob is Marjorie's husband, she works with the United Methodist Children's Home in Dothan ) surgery went well and the doctor is very optimistic that everything is good. They will receive a report later in the week. Susan and Tommie Lee (Sue's daughters) came by to visit Neil and to give him the scoop on Health South. Sue is doing very well. They told Neil how the system works and he is looking forward to going. We are so blessed to have made such dear friends. I have not seen Shannon's mom today. I will do my best to check in with her tomorrow. Please continue to pray for the full recovery of Sue, Shannon, Daisy, Bob and our other friends here.

Janice is to be released from the hospital tomorrow. Please pray for Janice's full recovery.

Thank you all for your love and support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to be traveling this journey with all of you. I can't wait to see for myself how Neil is progressing. I will be visiting Elba and Montgomery the end of May and plan to check on Neil while I'm "down south".
All of my love to all of you, you've been so faithful and brave.
Love you,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

We've all been praying for so long to get this news. Glad to hear that he is breathing without support again.
Leigh Anne

Anonymous said...

Wow! What great news!!! Neil has truly worked so hard to get to this point. You are all still in our prayers daily.
Gloria

Anonymous said...

Neil,
I have not posted in a while and thought I needed to let you know just how proud we (as a family) are of you. You have shown bravery, courage and faith unlike any I have ever seen. We also are so proud of DeAnn for staying by your side as she has. Your Dad and Mom, also. And DeAnn's family. I felt honored on my days serving as the 'babysitter'/Community Angel' and would do that again in a moments notice. You continue in your journey just as you have to this point. I will repeat something I have said already, you have a testimony unlike any we have ever heard of, seen or even been a part of. God is an awesome God and you are proof! We love you dearly and so proud of you and all your support family!
Love,
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim

joni said...

I am so excited about all of this wonderful news. I have been out of town a lot over the last week, and was thrilled to get back to the computer and read the exciting updates!!! God is good! Love You!

joni

Anonymous said...

Way to go Neil! I just love reading the good news each morning I check the blog! It fills my heart with warmth and reassurance that our God really does answer prayers!!! Love you bud... have a great weekend!
I Love all of you!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the wonderful news and progress of Neil. Hope you all have a great Weekend. Love all of you.
Uncle V and JK