Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30 9:00 pm

Good evening folks, Neil is back in the room from surgery. He is napping some and they are trying to control the pain. While Neil, DeAnn and I were downstairs waiting for the surgery, the doctor came by and told Neil there was no infection in his blood, but there continued to be infection in his leg. He explained the amputation would have to be above the knee. He went on to say he planned to cut through the rod in Neil's femur as he did not want to have to make an incision to remove this. He did not want Neil to have another wound. So, the surgery went well and he was able to cut through the rod. Because of the multiple surgeries this week, Neil got a unit of blood in the operating room and another unit in recovery. The absolute wonderful news is all of this is we are looking at and loving Neil. Please pray the pain will be managed from this minute forward.

Neil has been blessed by many miracles and continues to thrive with the love and prayers you have showered upon him. We honestly can never express our gratitude for your help in saving Neil's life. Today is a grand day as the is the beginning of Neil's leg healing. We so look forward to tomorrow.

Please continue to love and support the Andress family. Please pray for the families is SICU. There have been several accidents and many families are so scared. There was a tractor accident so please remember this family.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil,

We love you and are so glad you did well through the surgery. Hopefully after the wound clinic, you will not have to to see an operating room again. Hang in there and when you are feeling better we will come see you & DeAnn and have a diet coke.

We are praying for you big boy.

Ms. Bonnie

Anonymous said...

We have had you and all your family especially in our prayers today. We continue to pray for your recovery and give praise for your progress. We enjoyed our visit with you Sunday and hopefully we can get there again soon. We love you all!
Kathy & Frog

Anonymous said...

Good Morning To All in Montgomery:
you are all in my thoughts, my heart & prayers every second of every day & night. Neil you are a "God Send" and you have and will continue to touch many lives with your love. I'm at the office this am to do month end (YOU KNOW I GET PAID BIG BUCKS FOR ALL THIS - QUOTE PER THE BIG MAN-- YOU KNOW I LOVE IT). A song comes to mind this morning as I get ready to start end of month I don't know if you will know it but I'm sure your dad & mom will. It is (not sure of title) "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are blue.......... Everything is going to be OK,where there is POWER OF LOVE & POWER OF GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!
LOTS OF LOVE,
Ms Vanessa
(got to go I'm wasting electricity!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

hang in there brother. this will all be but a memory soon and we will be celebrating your return home. may God grant you the peace that passes all understanding and mercy through this painful time.

Ben Lodden

Anonymous said...

I love you, Neil!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there, buddy! Melanie:)

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful it's behind you and nothing ahead but blue skies. You're in my thoughts and prayers sweetie. My love to all of you.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you/DeAnn and hopefully all this will be over soon and HealthSouth is waiting for you. Continue healing and everyone in ELBA will continue praying for you and the entire Grantham and Smith families.
We love you,
George & Retta

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet Neil, Kenneth, Lucia and DeAnn

I have been thinking of you all constantly while out of town. I plan to see you on Sunday. My prayers have been with you. I love you all.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Neil - I hope you have had a good day. I have not heard how you are doing as I have been out 'terrorizing the nation' at least that is what the kids call it when I am out fighting for justice. I am trying to keep the bad guys in prison but after a day spent with our loving state senators and represenatives I believe they are just as bad as the criminals. Imagine that! The AG and VOCAL folks all said to tell you that you are in their prayers. I am so proud of you. You are my Hero! I love you. YPSSSYGA

Anonymous said...

Neil,

Grandmama sends her LOVE and hope your pain is lots better and you
can have sweet dreams tonight.
Deann and Reese I love you too.
Hope you rest too.
See you tomorrow.

Grandmama