Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May 6 8:30 pm

Good Afternoon, Neil had surgery on his foot. The doctor put pins in to hold the 3rd and 4th metatarsals (toes) in place. Also, he put a metal plate in Neil's foot to hold the arch. The last thing the doctor did was to open the pin site. This site is thought to be one of the problems with the infection in the foot. It is not healing as it should. The doctor as many concerns about this. He is going to consult with others and will bring all that information to us. Neil is back from the surgery and is as comfortable as a man can be following surgery. Please pray for Neil's lungs and his leg.


Doggone it, Scott and Cindy Hornsby are back. Scott has been sick for the last several days. He is very dehydrated. Please pray for Scott's full recovery.


Penny Driggers, wife of Harry Driggers from Brantley, had four bypasses today. She is doing very well. Please pray for her full recovery.

We visited with Shanna and her family. Shanna had a good day. The physical therapists worked with her today and wore her out. Please continue to pray that Shanna will wake up.

Janice Strickland is having a good day. Her knee is not hurting quite so bad today. We continue to pray that Janice will soon be back on her feet and on the golf course.

Thanks so very much for your love and support. Please know I say that with all the genuineness I have as we could not have managed this without you. We look forward to tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. I'm so thankful to read your blog, it's later than usual and I was getting concerned. I'm glad another hurdle is over. My prayers are still with all of you.
Love you guys,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that there are doctors there who see all of the things that are keeping Neil from 100% recovery. I pray that Neil will rest and continue to heal tonight. I am so grateful for your faithfulness. Please know that I love all of you, and I carry your hearts with me always. Sleep well!
Love,
Cammie Kelley

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING BABE: JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE CONSTANTLY ON MY MIND AND IN MY PRAYERS. I WAS JUST LISTENING TO ALAN JACKSON - "WHEN SOMEBODY LOVES YOU" AND I THOUGHT OF YOU - MY GOODNESS WITH ALL THE PEOPLE THAT LOVE YOU THERE'S IS SURELY NOTHING IN THE WORLD THAT YOU CAN'T DO!!!!!!!!!
I DON'T GET THE CHANCE TO POST MUCH, AS YOU KNOW I GET PAID BIG BUCKS TO WORK (HA HA) BUT YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY HEART - ALL OF YOU ARE. I LOVE YOU AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN PERSON,
LOVE MS VANESSA

Anonymous said...

Hello darling, I am so thankful that you are doing so much better. You hang in there. You are constantly in my thoughts and my prayers. I love you and I continue to pray for you. You have come along way. I pray for all of your family. I love you and can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Ginger

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil Pill,
IT is so amazing to read everyday and see what GOD has done in you life. It is awesome that you are continuing to progress and that you have such a wonderful family and doctors/nurses there with you every step of the way. I can't wait until I am able to come see you. Love ya lots and can't wait to hear todays news. Love, Jill Neeley