Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008 6:20

Hey Guys,
Sorry about the short post yesterday, I was so tired. Anyway, we had a very busy day with the visit to the wound doc and then on to rehab. Everything was great at the doc's and, not to be too graphic, my abdomen looks amazing. The skin graph is actually pulling the sides together. Hopefully we are close to a month before the greatest surgeon in the land, works his magic maybe just one more time, and I'll be whole again. I found out this afternoon that next Monday morning at 8:45 we will be working with the new(used) knee before we move on to the bad boy in a few more weeks. Rehab went well this afternoon. It's just extremely exhausting, but that is such a good thing. They aren't in the business to pamper, and I really like that. I hope all is well with everybody. I'm also trying to repay all the prayers, so let me know of any request. Love you guys.

Fins up and the sailing IS getting smoother,
Jr.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy the sailing is getting smoother!

Lots of love~
PJ

Anonymous said...

Yea Neil,
That sounds great!!!! I am thinking of you and the all the hard work you are putting in each day. Keep up the good work.

Ms. Janet

Anonymous said...

Neil,
I am so excited for all of your progress, and I am even happier that you met the goal of being at the beach for the 4th. I know you guys had a great time! I am looking forward to the 19th; that is going to be such a wonderful day! I am always, always so proud of you, and also honored to be a friend of yours and DeAnn's. Have a good rest of the week!
Love you guys,
Cammie Kelley

Anonymous said...

Neil and DeAnn,

You two are marvelous, you never cease to amaze us with your love, positive attitude, and strength. Thanks for letting us be a part of your first beach outing. We look forward to many more.

Love, Judy K. and "Uncle" V

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,
We never doubted that you would be at the beach on the 4th. We knew you could do it, because you just can't keep a "good fellow" like you down!! You are amazing and we all love you very much!

Your Creative Services family

Miss Mildred

Elizabeth Stewart said...

I mean, you just continue to amaze me!!! Your amazing story is just another example of God's love for us. You are certainly here for a very special reason, and I think we are seeing it played out everyday! I love you and ADMIRE you!

Your fav cousin....or the mother of one of your fav cousins!! (Don't want to get in trouble!)

Love, Liz

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that things are going smoothly for you. You are a amazing person as is DeAnn & both your families. I'm so proud to be part of your life. I thought about ya'll on the 4th & am so glad you made the trip to the beach. We had a quite hamburger & hotdog cooking at Anna's with our family, Larry's family, & the Kendricks that could make it. You did miss knowing a great man in Lewey Stephens. I feel the same way about my granddaddy Terry as he died before I was born. Keep up the good work & know that we are always thinking about & praying for you. Hope to see ya'll soon.
Love,
Terry

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Neil:)! I knew you could do it!!! I can't wait to see you and DeAnn!
Love you both,
Candace