Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 3 1pm






Yea!!! Neil in his recliner at home.








Hello everyone, You all tell us you know which family member is writing this and that makes us smile. We cannot pull anything on you. Well, as I write I have the biggest smile imaginable. Yesterday Uncle Daniel came to hang out with Neil as DeAnn went to work. As we have learned over the last four months, things change quickly. Instead of DeAnn going to work, she DROVE Neil home. Yes, he was discharged from Health South after lunch to go home. There was a parade and Daniel's daughters and his grandsons were there. Neil and DeAnn will celebrate the 4th of July at home. On Saturday Neil will go to Health South for out-patient rehab and will determine his schedule. Then he will go Monday-Friday for therapy. They hope DeAnn will be able to drop him off before she goes to work and pick him up during her lunch hour. (We will have to make some plans for her to eat a snack.) All of the "older adults" are jockeying for position to stay with Neil in the afternoons. HA!! I have the pleasure of visiting with Neil while DeAnn is working today. I must brag on her as she has everything arranged comfortable for them as they figure out the best way to manage. All of us, Neil most of all, are blessed to have DeAnn as a Grantham. Please continue to pray for Neil as he completes his rehab.
While I have this opportunity I want to give you a couple of updates. I was able to visit Sue and Shanna Saturday. It is so exciting to see progress with all of our friends. Both of these women are remarkable. They are surrounded by loving families who celebrate each step of recovery and progress. Please continue to keep them high on your prayer list.

Another praise report is the progress Laurie Killingsworth is making as she heads the class in the NIC Unit at UAB. I know Leah and Todd are bursting with pride. Please continue to pray for Laurie's growth and development.

We continue to remember all of our friends who are recovering at home all over the state. We know that Scott and Cindy are going to have the best 4th of July ever. We pray the patients we left at Baptist South will soon go home.
We can never thank all of you properly for all you have done for us. Your prayers sustained us. You fed us and loved us. Each of you plays a huge part in Neil's recovery and we are so thankful.

Please remember the Andress family as they get ready to welcome their new baby. What a blessing.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil looks wonderful sitting in HIS recliner!! Praise God!! I am so happy for you all. I know the past several months have been so hard and you all have had such faith, determination, and love that has sustained you through it all. What an inspiration you all have been to many of us who have followed you in your journey. Our prayers have been heard and answered over and over again. I am so happy for you all. Have a Happy 4th! Jama Lewis Walker

Anonymous said...

I must say that the parade was a magnificent parade. The only thing missing was Aunt Lucia with her majorette outfit on!! Evan and Tripp think that Neil and all his "gadgets" are pretty cool. We even made it away with a grabber "aka The Claw" and a back scrubber "aka The Majic Wand". We are so proud of Neil!! Love to all!

Elizabeth, Tripp, Mary, and Evan

Anonymous said...

Neil, you are one handsome dude!! I am so proud of you and your hard work. I also believe you hit the jackpot with Deann, what a strong woman you married! Best of luck to you all!
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it "HOME". You look so comfortable in your own chair. I'm very proud of you and will continue to pray for you and DeAnn. What a wonderful inspiration you two are.
Love you
Lynn

Anonymous said...

What a handsome man !!! It is so good to see that smiling face of yours. I know you are much more comfortable in your big ole chair. we are planning a trip to south this month, so we will be seeing you very soon. I hope you all have a very safe and happy 4th !!!
Love ya !
Rose and Lennie

Anonymous said...

Neil,

Just because you showed off and went home early doesn't mean we are not coming to see you. So work hard and one afternoon we will take a turn "sitting" with you.

Love ya,

Bonnie & the Crew at Creative Services

Anonymous said...

I love it,,so glad you are finally home. now then,,when is the next Texas Hole "Em game?? You name the time and I'll be there.
henri

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I am thrilled to see Neil back at home in his recliner. I hope that all of you have a great 4th, I think that your celebration will be the most joyous one that anyone could imagine. May God bless you all. We send our love! Brenda and Joby Norman

Anonymous said...

Neil and DeAnn - Tears of joy are flowing. I heard about the homecoming as Shane called and said it was on the sign at First Financial. Imagine that. Well it just did not take long for Neil to get all settled in. I bet it sure felt good to flop down in the recliner and I am here to tell you that you lood GREAT!. We all have so much to be thankful for this 4th of July. Our family is back together again and we are all safe and sound at Home. Life just does not get any better! I love ya'll! YPSSSYGA

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you at home. Prayer.....Wow!!!

Tommy and Brenda

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT!!!! sending our love and prayers...The Bowers,
Vince,Pam,
Bradley,Garret

Anonymous said...

Hi BABE,

I want you to know that you are the best looking man I know and you look handsone in that big ole recliner. But Babe enjoy it. Lay back and close your eyes and just imagine you are in Panama.
I hope you and Deann have a wonderful 4th together. Ya'll
deserve some relaxation,peace and quiet alone.
I love you both.
Grandmama

Anonymous said...

dang neil, i can't believe you went home that quick. you told me you would not be there long. you were right! you look good and any day that deann can not pick you up, you know i don't punch a clock, so i will be glad to pick you up, take you here or there, or whatever. just give me a call. i will be seeing u soon. love ya, melissa grantham