Monday, July 7, 2008

July 7, 2008 8:30

Good evening everybody,

I hope everybody had as good a weekend as we did. DeAnn and I made a surprise visit to the beach on Saturday. I did make my goal of getting to the beach on the 4th even though it looked very unattainable at times. We got to see all the DuBoses and I must say it was very great seeing all of my brothers, Heather Beth, Bessie, and the kids. That night we went to Uncle V and Judy Karen's to eat supper, and we had a great time and good food. At rehab this morning we got all the evaluations out of the way and did a little work. It also looks like I may be getting my leg a little quicker than what we thought we should know more soon. As soon as we know you guys know I'll pass the word along.

We are also going to have a BBQ on the Square in Elba on the 19th of this month from 11:00 to around 4:00. This is an appreciation to all of you for your love and support through this tough time in our lives. We couldn't have made it through this without you guys.

Also, a lot of you have questioned me about my closing of "Fins up, Jr". Well the Fins up is a little tribute to my favorite artist Mr James D. Buffett and JR is the fact that I am a Jr. and is shorter than writing Neil I guess. I hope this answers all the questions. If there are any more I'll be glad to answer them if I can. Take care and good night.

Fins Up,
JR

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far you have come!! You sound so wonderful in your blogs!! You are one more determined young man. I am amazed by your progress and you have certainly been an inspiration to so many of us. Praise God for his wonderful healing power! I hope your recovery continues to amaze us all!! Have a great week, Jama Lewis Walker

Anonymous said...

Neil,
Sounds like you are doing well. I am so happy to read this! I hate we missed you at the beach this weekend, but we so enjoyed spending time with your family. I am looking forward to seeing you all soon. Maybe in Elba on the 19th? You guys take care.

Lots of love~
PJ

Anonymous said...

Neil,
Wish I could be in elba for the party. That will be a great day. You sound so good and I think it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Keep smiling sweetie.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I missed seeing you this weekend. I was bummed when I got to Whitney's and was told you had been there. If only those stupid boys wouldn't have gotten up so late that morning! Can't wait to see you and Deann both. Love you

Lauren Sutley

Anonymous said...

Neil - it is so good to hear that you are doing so well. I am glad you and Deann got to make your way to the beach this past weekend - and I hate we missed seeing ya'll. We were so glad we got to spend some time with your wonderful Mom, Dad, Reese and got to meet your Uncle V and Judy that you have spoken about here on the blog. Speaking of which - I also think you should keep it (the blog) going - I am one of the many that check it every morning before I start my day....just like yesterday...I was gone all last week and had to do my catching up on you. I was so tickled to hear such wonderful progress you had made. You and Deann have a wonderful week and maybe we will get to see ya'll in Elba.
Much Love, Tina Gardner

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you this weekend. It has been too long. You are always all smiles and so positive. In our lives, I have never seen anything keep you down or prevent you from reaching EVERY goal you set. I'm glad you guys got to go to the beach. Can't wait to see you both again...hopefully before communion!

Stephen and Marissa

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good, hard work and it will be over before you know it!! Look how far you've come already. Can't wait to see you and DeAnn soon. contine to keep us updated on the blog.
henri & george

Anonymous said...

Neil,
I am so glad you met your goal of going to the beach!! I still think of you and Deann daily and continue to keep yall in my prayers. I hope to see yall on the 19th!
Love and prayers,
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

Dear fellow Parrot Heads, so glad you made it to the beach for the
4th. A long time ago, Mr. Jimmy Buff-fay also said, "Come Monday it'll be alright". It sure sounds like that's true for the Grantham Jrs. You guys are amazing! Love to all, Becky P

Anonymous said...

I got to gaze upon the wonderful pic's from the the beach this weekend. I had no doubt that when you said you'd be there for the 4th ... that you would be there. You have that strong, sometimes stuborn Grantham blood !!! It was great to see you ( if only in pic's ) out having a good time, it's been a long time comming!!!!
We love you and hope to see you soon !!
Rose & Lennie

Anonymous said...

baby, you are the man! glad to hear you made it to the beach, that place usually cures all. keep up the positive attitude, we all have God watching over you.

ben lodden

Elizabeth Stewart said...

I am so proud of you, Neil!! You have such faith and determination that continues to amaze me. I love you!

Liz