Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 15, 2008 5:15 PM

Afternoon Guys,

I'll try to recap everything. Friday afternoon after rehab Dad and I drove to Troy. We stopped by SanBuck and saw everybody I work with then we went to Creative Services on campus and saw everybody I used to work with. That was really fun and it fulfilled one of the things I wanted to do while I was in the hospital.

After we finished seeing everybody in Troy we stopped by Crowe's and headed to Elba. As we passed the Neil Grantham Drive sign, I had a tear in my eye because there was more than one night throughout this ordeal that I thought I would never see Elba again. I went to Mom's to rest a little before going to The Elba Country Club to see all my old friends. They were having a tournament last weekend so I got to see a bunch of people from south Alabama/northwest Florida that really helped pull me through with the thoughts and prayers.

Sunday morning we got up and went to Ham Church and intended to go to the Mehodist Church downtown but I was hurting to bad and had to miss it. I hope to go soon though. We then started our trek back home.

Yesterday I went to rehab and then on to AAL to get the leg. We tested it out and I stood up and after a lot of coaching I took a baby step. Today we did more work with the leg and stood more and worked on tranferring weight. Next Monday morning we go back to AAL and get fitted for the Reho? knee. Everything seems to be progressing pretty fast, so I'm trying to keep up.I don't know if she reads the blog, but our WC nurse Donna responded to AAL in 2 hours to let them know that the WC folks were on board with the new knee. We know that Donna is wonderful and now AAL knows. We couldn't do this without her.

That is basically all of my good news. Now it is my turn to help somebody else in need. I told you guys a little about Ben Wilks. They determined that he has yeast in his lungs that has caused a big infection, please keep this family in your prayers. Also, please keep Tesha Lee's family in your prayers.

As most of you have been reading the blog, Mom has told you all about Ms. Sue. Well she was having a little heart trouble and they put a stint in and she is doing much better. Thanks for reading. Don't forget the BBQ this Saturday. Ya'll come.

Fins up,
Jr.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil, you are AMAZING! I hope to see you Saturday in Elba.

Anonymous said...

Fins Up, good to hear all the news from you on the blog. Thinking of you and your wonderful wife, and family. Can't wait until we can all be together again. Hang in there.
Uncle V

Anonymous said...

Neil - the news just keeps getting better and better. I cn't wait to see the leg. I wish I could be in Elba Saturday for he BBQ, but Saturday is moving day as Duke is moving into his apartment in Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide! Mama Dot and Aunt B will be there so I know it is gonna to be fun. I will be there in spirit. I love you! YPSSSYGA

Anonymous said...

Hi Neil,

Well we are still talking about your visit. We have pictures. Mildred and Reba are not jealous anymore because they got to put there hands (and lips) on you. Hope you got around to eating your corn chips. We love you. Don't forget about the 26th.

Love ya,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a pretty good weekend! Neil, you are truely an inspiration and I hope to be in Elba Saturday. Best wishes and love to you and Deann!!
Casey Skinner

Anonymous said...

Neil,
We have our picture on our desk and we talk about you constantly! It was great to see you. Bonnie is right - we are not jealous now because that was the "best loving" we have had in a long time!!
Love you,
Miss Mildred

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad everything is going so smooth for you! I can not wait to see you saturday!!! You better get your cheeks ready, cuz boy is there some good sugar coming to you!!! DeAnn, dont worry, I've got some for you too:)! I can not wait to see yall,
Love you bunches and bunches!!!
Candace