Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22, 2008 6:15 PM

Hey Guys,



Wow I've got so much to talk about. First, the BBQ was absolutely perfect. We had a great turnout and the food was delicious. Thanks to everyone that helped we couldn't have done it without you. I want to thank Pope Tent for the tent, table, and chairs. Also, Broken Strings for the special entertainment. They were great. If you missed them you might want to try and catch a show you will enjoy it. Also, I've got to thank uncle Daniel and his crew for starting the fire at around 5 am, I know that was pretty early. Lastly, thanks to the mayor and the city council for proclaiming Saturday as Neil Grantham Day in the city that was very surprising but very neat.

I forgot to mention last week that on Wednesday, Mom and I went to Baptist South to take candy to my awesome nurses in the unit and also on the floor. I hope you guys enjoyed it, it was great to see you all. Also, I finally got to meet on of my heroes, Ms. Sue. All of you will remember her from Mom's post. I see where Mrs. Susan got her sweet spirit from. Mrs. Tommi Lee must have been adopted, just kidding. Ms. Sue was everything I expected, just the nicest person and I just loved her. It was great to see she is doing better.

Also, I got the Rheo knee yesterday. It is so much different, but so much more like a real knee. Eventually it is going to be so great, but right now it is pretty difficult. It is just like everything else that is new, you just have to get used to it.

I know I have forgotten something. If any of you know that I have please let me know.

Thanks and good night.
Fins up,
Jr.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe and Deann,
Yes tha BBQ was great and thanks to everyone. I certainly enjoyed it. Glad you are having some good therapy . I know it was great to see your nurses. They are great people and Ms Sue, Susan and Tommi Lee. I Love Ya'll.
Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Neil, I was out of town and did not get to make it to the BBQ but heard wonderful things about it from Mrs. Brazelton. She is 93 but was determined to go and see you. I hope to see you soon.
Kathy Piland

Anonymous said...

Well, finally, just kidding. I wish I could have been there to join in the festivities. I heard from the grapevine that Mama Dot had a really good time. Any stories to tell????? I'm hoping you all got her to dance. She's really good and oh so entertaining.
She can really bust a move.
On a serious note, I'm continuing to pray for you and DeAnn and I'm still amazed at your attitude and strength.
Love you
Lynn

Elizabeth Stewart said...

The BBQ was fun and yummy! However, I think Tripp and Ev had a better time at the "after party"!! I guess rolling down Aunt Lucia's hill will never get old!! I am so proud of your continued faith and strength. You are my hero! I love you!

Liz:)

Anonymous said...

Neil and Deann,
Just wanted to say hello. Hope you guys are having a good week. Keep up the good work, Neil. Hope to see you all soon.

Much love~
PJ

Anonymous said...

Hey pals, tell Reese her pics of Neil Grantham Day were just great. You & DeAnn looked so good!Sorry I missed the big event & the wonderful BBQ. I just ran into Stan Talley today- he just thinks the world of the Grantham family and he beamed when telling about Shanna writing her name. You and Shanna and Ms. Sue sure are the Baptist Hosp. All-Stars. You'll soon be working on that back swing. Love to all, Becky P

Anonymous said...

Hi Neil,

I am so sorry I missed talking to you Saturday. Cell phone service at Children's was not real good. I hope you know we are home now and doing great. We know you getting well was a miracle from God and we are adding Julie to that list also.
Julie and Brad were looking forward to the BBQ, but it just didn't work out that way. But from what I here it was great.
Take care and you know we love you. Hope to see you Saturday night.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Neil,
It was so good to see you, DeAnn, and the whole gang Saturday. You look amazing and your spirt is uplifting to me. I am so excited for you and for all of your progress. Love you bunches, Jill Neeley