Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15 7:30pm

My goodness, I missed posting again. I am so sorry. Hope all of you have had a great Father's Day. Yesterday Neil and his Dad spent all afternoon together watching the golf tournament. It was "Boys Day Out" and they had a wonderful time. They both agreed this was the best Father's Day ever. That is the good news. The not so good news is Neil has had a fever today. He woke up feeling lousy. His temperature was 101.3, but went away a couple of hours later. Neil said he had been here well over 100 days and this was the first day he had felt "puny". He has not had any more temp late this afternoon and we are hopeful it is gone. We still are thinking this is Neil's last Sunday night at Baptist South. DeAnn has everything ready to go to Health South but we are NOT loading the car until Neil is on his way. (We are smiling when we say that.) We sure look forward to tomorrow. Please pray for Neil's recovery.

I went by and visited Shanna yesterday. I missed seeing her sweet parents but will get back by there. Shanna looked beautiful and her room is fabulous. Please continue to pray for Shanna to fully recover.

Last week when we talked about all the wonderful staff here, I completely left out one very important group, the respiratory therapists. My goodness, not only were they so very competent, but they care so much for their patients. I cannot tell you how impressed we are by this group of professionals.

Thanks so very much for your love and support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
It's a beautiful day in upstate New York. I can't put into words how great it is to read your blog everyday. Knowing that your days are getting better and you are getting stronger puts a smile on my face. This is going to be the week that things kick into high gear for you. I love you guys and pray for you unceasing.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Lucia,
I hope by the time you get around to reading the comments that you all will be at Health South. No one knows why this had to happen to that precious son of yours but in reading other comments over the past few months, Neil had touched so many lives and so many people are continuing to be blessed by his strength and courage as well as the strength of your entire family. You all are just the most amazing group. I always knew that we came from "good stock" but you all have proved it over and over. We continue to lift you up in our prayers and I know God has so many special things ahead for Neil.
I love you,
Mackie