Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday March 1. 2009 1:30 PM

I just want to tell my dad how much I love him and he is certainly on my mind today. For those of you that do not know, 30 years ago today my grandfather C. F. "Neil" Grantham was shot and killed outside the Coffee County jail in downtown Elba. The waste on taxpayers' money that was charged and convicted of the murder has been in Atmore on death row eating 3 meals a day and enjoying heat and air while my family suffers. It is an absolute injustice and it blows my mind that anybody would go to bat for someone that was guilty of premeditated murder. It really makes us all question the legal system of this great country we live in. Lawmakers in DC are bailing out their buddies while the constituents that elected them suffer. I will get off my rant.

Dad, Aunt B, Mama Dot and Janette I love you all and hope there is closure for us all soon.

Neil

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sad day that was for our family. I was almost six then and did go to the funeral. It is kind of weird that I remember the day so clearly, being that I was so young. I know the pain it has caused our family. I pray that justice will be served. Although I agree with you Neil this guy has had his 3 meals a day, and air and heat. While our family has suffered. I just dont understand it.

Anonymous said...

MY DEAREST NEIL & DEANN: EVERYTHING DONE DURING THE PAST YEAR AND YEARS TO COME ARE ALL SIGNS OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE......WHICH IS VERY RARE THESE DAYS BUT AS WE KNOW IS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE....I LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH AND I'M SO BLESSED TO BE A PART OF YOUR LIVES.
MS VANESSA

Anonymous said...

NEIL, I DO NOT KNOW YOUR GRIEF BUT I FEEL YOUR PAIN, BUT TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING THAT "JUSTICE" WILL BE SERVED. ON EARTH AND IN "HELL"
MS VANESSA

Debbie K. said...

Dear Neil,
These anniversaries are hard on all, but so much more harder when a loved one is taken from this earth so suddenly in a such a horrific act. I understand your "rant" with the justice system with a similar experience that happened in our family in 1968 with a loss of a brother. May your heart be comforted with knowing that our struggles here on earth are seen by God and he understands. God Bless You, Neil, for your testimony of strength during the past year.

~Debbie Kelley

Anonymous said...

Neil - Sunday was a difficult day, but I know Neil is up there looking down on us. He knows we will never give up until he gets justice. Us Granthams are made out of strong stuff and we are stuborn (even Mama Dot). Justice is closer today than every before. The murderer has filed an appeal asking for a rehearing enbanc before the 11th Circuit. When that is denied, it will go to the US Supreme Court. When the USSC rules in our favor, AG King will ask for an exection date immediately. He has the necessary paperwork ready. It only needs the date. So proud of you!! YPSSSYGA