Thursday, March 12, 2009

FLASHBACK...from Reese

I know...this isn't my blog anymore and I shouldn't be highjacking it! But I couldn't help but share with you what was on my mind. I was talking with a co-worker today about how crazy the last year has been and I got to thinking what I was doing this time last year...and then where Neil was this time last year. I have checked the old blogs all day. As of this very moment today at 6:36 pm the last post this time last year was at 5:55 and it read...

Yea!!!!!!! Neil had responded very well to the ventilator setting all day. The nurses moved Neil and got him looking all handsome. During this workout the bed had to be stopped for a while. Following this, Neil's oxygen sat dropped to 89 but then it recovered. His oxygen sat is at 94 right now, the oxygen percentage is at 70 and the PEEP has been moved down to 35. His gases looked a lot better than yesterday. His blood pressure is still varying. They hope to fix that by giving him fluid. My goodness, what a good job Neil has done. I am so proud of him. Today we showed the nurse the article in the Troy Messenger. She said they needed a picture of Neil in his ICU cubicle because they have never really seen him. Well, within the next few hours DeAnn had several pictures on the nurses board in Neil's room. This has been a grand day. The surest way for me to describe it to you is to tell you Neil's day nurse is smiling!!!! Thank you all so very much. Please keep praying for Neil's lungs.

This makes me teary just thinking about this time and so proud to know where you are brother! I love you and I love and thank everyone for their help and prayers in getting us here! I just thought everyone would appreciate this little trip back in time....
a little post from daphne....
Reese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reese,
What a trip back in time! AND look where we are today! All of you did such a good job and we are so very proud of Neil and DeAnn. We speak of Neil often and regard him as our miracle. I am sure of him being a miracle and as I said in my posts a year ago, Neil has something big for him and we will see it someday. There is a reason and I can't wait to see it. Also, look at the testimony he has and we have to share to everyone what a good God we know and have!
Love you and all of ya'll!!
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim