Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday

Hey Guys,

Wow. I want to thank you all. As we are are cleaning up the house and going through boxes I found a box with letters and notes from when I was in the hospital. Last night I was going through them and had to stop several times as I started choking up. The love and support you all showed and continue to show us constantly reminds me how lucky I am. We tried to send thank you notes to all of you for all the things that were sent. I hope we did but if for some reason you didn't get a note thank you from the bottom of my heart.

On a totally different note. As most of you have seen since I got out of the hospital my weight as gone one way, UP. The day I had my wreck I weighed 220 when I left in late June 2008 I was at 164 pounds. The Monday we got back from LA I got on the scale I weighed a whopping 234 pounds. That is just simply unacceptable. I have since joined weight watchers and been going to the gym 3-4 times a week. In the recent past when my lardness as been brought up people say "yeah but look what you have been through". Well that is one of the many excuses and I am tired of telling myself that. I currently weigh 226 and my goal is 185. I hope to be at 210 by my first beach trip. I really just wanted to put this out there so it would be in writing and I can look at it when I need motivation.

So after all this big weight talk and cold weather, I need to here "One Particular Harbour" and be on the beach some where.

Fins Up,
Jr.

2 comments:

Shonda said...

I have followed your blog from day 1 with my co-workers. Lucia was my college professor and over the years she continues to be a great source of inspiration and I am happy to call her my friend. Reece is a wonderful person as well.

I participated in Weight Watchers for almost 2 years. You will love the program. It is hard to get used to at first but it actually works if you do as they ask and ALWAYS write down what you eat and the points. Stay positive and do not get discouraged.

Shonda

Anonymous said...

Well Neil, I am trying to lose weight also, I have ONLY had 2 DIET COKES since Jan. 1 (you know me and you had to start our day with one) I am drinking water and I have not killed anybody yet. So I know we can do this. GOOD LUCK....

LOVE YA,
BONNIE