Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday February,10 2009 9:00 PM

Hey Guys,

Things on this end are going well. I need to update you on some things. On the 24th of this month D and I are going to B'ham with some great folks at Alabama Limb to the Finebaum Roast. I grew up idolizing Coach Bryant and Bama football. I can't tell you how many times I threw a pass or dove over the goal line (although I think I had better knees at the times, even though Namath still has both of his) has #12. I am very excited about this.

Thursday on my way to Elba I stopped on campus to see a bunch of folks I needed to see. I saw most, but I didn't get everybody. Hopefully it won't be the last time I will be down that way. Boy that place has changed since I was down there. In my 3 1/2 years at "Troy State" I worked and was surrounded by a truly great group of people. We genuinely are all such good friends and had great times and hilarious moments. It was great reliving some of those moments.

On Friday my plan was to get by the school in Elba to see some up my old teachers, but didn't make it. I ended up eating oysters at lunch and pretending to work at Dad's while really reading the paper and Sports Illustrated.

Saturday I woke up early to get Buffett tickets to Lakewood. After that Dad, Mom and I went to the club to see if I could hit a golf ball. I actually did. It didn't look pretty, but I accomplished what I wanted to do. Saturday afternoon I just took it easy.

Today I found out some distressing news. Elton John's last date of his Red Piano Tour in The Vegas is in April. This is the one show that I really wanted to see, but I guess it is great that this is the biggest disappointment I've got going right now. Wow I'm blessed. Well I've got to go DeAnn wants me to help fold clothes. Thanks for reading.

Fins Up,
Jr.

No comments: