Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday February 20, 2009 11:45 PM

Hey Guys,

Sorry there has been such a drought in posts. I've been on the go, but I've also been battling a cold. We had a great time last weekend in Daphne, although the parade got washed out. The ball was extremely fun just like it always is. I hope everybody has had a chance to see the interview Darwin did on channel 15. He did a wonderful job and it was great publicity for those wild AML women.

Speaking of AML. I cannot appropriately express my gratitude to this organization for not only the experience and honor of being the grand marshal in the parade, but also the love, support, and prayers they gave us during the last year. It says a lot when a group is founded mainly to have a good time and they do things to help others out, but they took it to a new level when they treated this ole boy like a king for 2 nights. THANKS again ladies and I'm already looking forward to next years ball. AML rocks.

This past week has been real busy. I went to therapy, but that was really the easiest part. Wednesday I went to Elba and went to a meeting of the minds that night. Thursday morning I got up and made a stop I've been needing make. I saw Mrs. Melanie Bledsoe at the elementary school and later found Mrs. Piland hiding in the central office. It was really the first time I've been able to see Mrs M and I had a pretty big lump in my throat the whole time I was there. You don't know how great it was to see you Mrs Melanie, thanks for your love.

Seeing Mrs Piland and the rest of the folks on the hill was alot of fun and more on a lighter note. I had a good chance to catch up with everybody including Mr. Weeks. It was wild rehashing some good times and some not so good times. Mrs. Piland sure has changed any in 15 years since we broke her in while we were in the 4th grade. She still has that smile that could mean real good or real bad things. Has bad has it is to admit, she was one of the best Elba City Schools had. I'll never be able to thank her for all she did for me.

Gotta go to bed. To be continued....

No comments: