Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We sure did, we were in Birmingham for a wedding.  Congrats Taylor and Kim we had a great time.  Also, Happy belated Birthday Aunt Ninny.  She turned 39 again yesterday.

Most of you may remember that Saturday(26th) was the 3 year anniversary of my wreck.  It has been a long journey and physically I'm still recovering.  Emotionally I might be as strong as ever.  I don't see how you could go through that and not come out a changed person.  Personally, I think I changed for the better.  I enjoy all the same things as before but I take in the sounds and smells so much more.  My time on the beach with family and friends is something I absolutely cherish.  I sent an email on Saturday to all my docs and nurses and got really nice responses.  I will never be able to thank them enough.

As I sit here typing this I can't stop thinking of my Dad.  Today is the 32nd anniversary of my granddad's death.  I can't imagine what he was going through 3 years ago. Sitting in the waiting room at Baptist thinking of his dad and hoping I would pull through must have been excruciating.  I hope that the situation with my grandads killer will be resolved and my family can have the peace all victims deserve.

Neil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil, You should write a book! You can say things SO WELL and use the words so PERFECTLY, unlike me! We are so glad you are the one posting 3 years out from the wreck! I think of Sheriff Neil an awful lot, too. There will be peace with this, one day.
Love you,
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim

Jenny said...

Thanks, Neil. It was a great birthday!