Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trip Report

Hey Gang,

So over the 4th of July weekend, Aunt Jenny and I talked about taking a trip to Tunica. The more we talked, the more it all came together. Dad and I would be joining the whole "Hudson clan" on the trip. It is so cool that we can hang with "the other side of he family" and have such a great time. Anyway, Dad and I met Aunt Jenny and Rachel "the Atlas" Ruddock in Tuscaloosa Saturday. The only way we have ever been was go to B'ham and hit 78 until Memphis. Well now we were going 82 until just past Starkville and hit 55 going north. Well as soon as we got on 55 we started a friendly discussion about where we might turn off. Rachel was adament it was Hernando. Knowing what I know now I would have bet the farm on her being right. If for some reason any of you need to know about pig trails in the southeastern states please call Mrs. Ruddock, she is automatic.

We had a wonderful trip that was filled with 3 days of laughter that won't be soon forgotten. We all are trying to get re-adjusted to the real world. I know understand that to not be a slacker I must blog twice a week to satisfy some people. I am going to try to do that. It might get boring.
Until next time.

Fins Up,
Jr.

11 comments:

Rachel Ruddock said...

Neil, Neil, Neil, I just thought you had learned. After Starkville, you gotta go on thru Winona before hitting I55. If I'm not with you next time, just call me. Between me and Rudy (the sarge), we will get you there. I had a wonderful time and hope we can go again real soon! The sarge worked some overtime, so I can't wait to spend it :) Take care and tell DeAnn we said hello.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Rachel....True or false. Winona is just past Starkville? I wasn't even going there.

NG

Anonymous said...

I think you both need to rethink this. You didn't give any credit to Vance. He is a good resource when you are on the road and need help. He has gotten me out of trouble several times and he confirmed that we were on the right track during this trip.

Neil....can you believe Rachel's comment about have a wonderful time and ready to go again????? Wasn't she the one that we had to beg and plead to go with us?

Love you! Aunt Jenny

Rachel Ruddock said...

Neil -- True
Neil -- True or false. Hernando is on the map. If you have to think about this one, consult our chaufeur. I think he also learned that Hernando is in the state of Mississippi and is the shortest route to our destination.

I saw you sister last night. She dropped by my house to get an order for her Tastefully Simple Co. Spread the word in south AL that the Tastefully Simple salsa mix is absolutely wonderful. Amy was here. I'm really having to keep an eye on those two.

Jenny, True or False - When you called the vman, did he not confirm what "the atlas" had already told all of you??? I rest my case.

The Atlas

Anonymous said...

Ninny,
You are exactly right. We had to beg and bring in Rudy to get her to go. I must say without V I dont know if anybody except us would have gotten there. Oh yea, Rach Hernando is not quicker it just has cheap gas.

NG

Anonymous said...

Need I say that the cheap gas was not taken advantage of by the Grantham men. Moma Lu would not be happy. I won't tell if Ninny won't :)

The Atlas

Anonymous said...

So Atlas,
There was cheap gas, that was passed by? My my...
Momma Lu

Rachel Ruddock said...

Uh oh. Moma Lu has caught us in the act. I knew she wouldn't be happy. Moma Lu and I like to save a few pennies when we can. Are you listening Neil??

The atlas

Anonymous said...

I think we need to make another trip. This is the most activity I've seen on this blog in a long time-lol.

Anonymous said...

Well, all of you are not leaving without me

Anonymous said...

Last comment by Uncle Nanner....Jenny...you and Cathy owe me big time for having to host TWO (2)------ this weekend....but I will come with some way for you 2 to pay me back..all that would be missing is Uncle V....