Sunday, February 28, 2010

31 Years

I have written a full blog about March 1st but I decided not to post it. In that blog I wrote about how I believe this tragic event has almost been commercialized by some people. However, I scratched that blog because in the end it probably would have made things worse and wouldn't have made me feel that much better.

I really just want to tell my Dad and my great aunts how much I love them, and I don't and hope I never have to understand the extent of their pain. You must feel like you have been let down by the process. I do know that Billy Joe Magwood has set on death row way to long and wasted to much of our judicial system's time, money, and energy. Why can't the sentence just be carried out or be commuted to life to give my family closure.

I have seen the grief in my father's eyes and can't help but think that his spirit has been broken by the snails pace of this appeal process.

I am getting off my rant because I fear that my words are jumbled and not making sense.

Dad-I love you so much. Although you will never forget Daddy Neil or his legacy I hope one day soon you will see that justice was served and he did not die in vain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neil,
Very well written! No one could have said it better. It is a day we will tragically remember!
We love you and your family!
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim