Saturday, July 25, 2009

THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

I know I promised a few blogs this week, but I ended up going to Elba for a few days. Hopefully after my visit with the man on Tuesday I'll be back to rehab and back on my way. Excuses, excuses, excuses, I know.

Anyway here's one of the blogs:

Most of you all know our preacher at the Methodist church in Elba, Rev. Stanley Carter and his wife Mrs. Nancy. Well for those of you that don't I need to tell you a little about them. I guess as soon as a couple of hours after my accident he sent an email/prayer request telling about it and that my leg was broken pretty bad. I found all of this when I was going through the many cards and other things I got while I was a resident at South. Over the next few days he helped get the word out that it was a little worse than they first thought and I might need a few more prayers.

Mom later told me that they both were there (at the least) weekly and he always came back for a prayer with me. I have a lump in my throat as I type this. As I woke up and figured out what was going on, I always had notes, cards, or words of inspiration from them. They also kept me up-to-date on news from Elba and the church. On a few days that things weren't going well, whenever Mom talked to them, if they were driving they would pull over and say a quick prayer. It is touching when you hear a story like that so you can imagine what it feels like when the story is about you.

I would guess they made somewhere around 40 trips to Montgomery during my 119 days in the hospital. That involved more than a few hours and dollars while gas was pushing 4 bucks a gallon. Although I will never be able to thank them enough, I do hope this blog let's them know what they mean to our family. I really do not know how this would have turned out with out their support. Thank you both so much.

Neil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil, we are praising God that you are here today telling us this great testimony.

We love you and want to here more.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I feel like this is the beginning of many testimonies. It is through all this that you will hopefully find what God REALLY HAS in mind for you. I am FULLY convinced we have ONLY seen the tip of that iceberg, and WE can say we are out there watching and waiting!! AMEN!! Love you BUNCHES!
Aunt Virginia and Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Neil,
Indeed Stanley and Nancy are two awesome individuals and we are very blessed to know and have them at Elba UMC.
I have just finished reading "90 Minutes In Heaven" and I kept thinking of your wreck & recovery--have you read it.
I agree w/'Ginia!
Love you,
Kathy & Frog