Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hello there!

Before we get into the meat of the blog I just want you to know this is the 600th post.  Wow!  4 years, 600 posts, and only 1 missing leg.  Those are some pretty incredible stats on a lot of levels.

A couple weeks ago D and I had the opportunity to see Vince Gill.  I grew up on his music, but had no idea he was such a talented musician.  The show and weekend were relaxing and fun.

This past weekend we laid pretty low as DeAnn had to work the Miss Elba pageant with the study club.  I on the other hand worked Saturday morning then spent the afternoon with Mom.  On Friday night we ate with DeAnn's parents and had a nice evening. 

Today is election day in the State of Alabama.  I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the citizens of this fine state are going to elect a crusader that uses the Commandments as a prop or so it appears.  However, this is the same place that found 12 people that favored some of the most crooked people of our time and gave them walking papers.

I'm off the political soapbox.  In other news, Dad and I have 17 days until the "official" weigh-in.  We both got on the scales at the gym today and we both weighed 220 lbs.  Which means I have an 8 pound advantage as we start to see the end.  I'm pretty pumped I must admit.  I still have 5 lbs to go to meet my target weight for this bet.  200 is where I want to ultimately end up.  We will see what happens.

Fins Up,
Jr.

No comments: