Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Madness Begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have probably written this post the last 3 years.  However, as long as I update this blog I will continue to do it every year.  Today 4 years ago was my best day in the hospital.  I had been awake for exactly one week and I was still very sick.  Also, I was not exactly sure what was going on.  The only thing I did know was the NCAA basketball tournament was starting and the 1st game tipped at 11:15.  Even though I had only been awake for a week I was bored and was starting to see if the wreck they told me I was in didn't kill me the daily programming of the cable company certainly would. 

For the next 4 days It was wall-to-wall basketball and I loved it.  All the male nurses on night shift gathered in my room when they could to get scores and sweat their wagers.  It almost seemed like we were in a living room drinking beers and watching games except I could moved only my right hand and the liquid I was taking was a heckava lot strong than Coors Light.

The tournament last about a month, but starting that 1st week the games are cut in half until the Monday before the Masters when they crown the winner.  Every time this comes up in conversation with Uncle John or Daniel we always laugh about the events that surrounded that week.  I hope whoever you have in your bracket wins!

Fins Up,
Jr

No comments: