Sunday, February 26, 2012

Great Weekend!

Yesterday DeAnn and I went to Birmingham to see Jimmy Buffett at BJCC.  Uncle Daniel was supposed to go, but had something come up so DeAnn filled in for him.  I worked until around 10:30 and we headed out pretty quick after that.  One thing that I love about a Buffett Show is the atmosphere in the parking lot before it starts.  Well, Wicked was playing at BJCC on Saturday so there was a bunch of people in dress casual that didn't know what to think.  Kathy, Jenni, and "No Fun" Bobby Waters showed up around 3 and we sat around hanging around until 6:30 or so.  It was there first Jimmy concert so I was trying to tell them what to expect. 

Once we got to the door we hugged them bye as we were going into a different gate.  DeAnn and I finally got settled as there was some confusion about our seats.  We ended up being right by the left side of the stage.  The seats were great.  The show started a little slow, but picked up steam real quick.  In the middle he did about 4 Alabama themed songs complete with scenes of the Flora-bama and the NC game to cap it off.  He played a full 3-hours with a little help which was the longest in a few of the latest tours I've seen.  He did a 5 song encore that included a good rendition of  "Stars Fell on Alabama".  Overall it was a different, but a great concert.  We pulled back into Elba right at 2 A.M.

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my accident.  As this day has gone by I can't help but think of all the people that have helped me return to a normal life.  Yesterday as we were laughing with great friends I was thinking about how far we have come.  Right now 4 years ago I was undergoing the first of a couple life-saving surgeries.  Typing that and knowing I'm talking about myself is very surreal.  To all of you that prayed. came by, sent cards if I haven't said thank you with words please know how thankful our family has been for the support.

Have a wonderful week and Fins Up,
Neil

1 comment:

Jenni said...

We had a great time with ya'll Saturday!! next time we will try and bring another driver so "Fun" bobby can come with us!! haha!