Sunday, June 12, 2011

Family

Hey Guys,

We finally got some rain here in Elba on Friday, however some people got more than others.  At this point any rain is good rain.

Last Wednesday afternoon after we closed I took a trip to Troy.  I had to go visit some folks on campus.  I have written before about the people I work for and with while I was in school at Troy.  I intended to be up there for a couple of hours, but ended up staying all day. 

When we started talking  and it was like I had never left.  I never dreamed when Mr. Joe Johnson gave me a job I would end up getting family out of the deal.  Mrs. Mildred, B Money and Mrs. Reba treated me like one of their own.  For almost 4 years I saw them day in and day out.  We have shared so many laughs over the years we probably could write a book, but that would cause way too much controversy. 

Mr Steve Waddail rode us around campus and showed me all the new construction and his new house.  That campus is barely recognizable to someone who graduated 7 years ago.  Mr Steve and I have always been close and it was great catching up with him.  We laughed the whole time and my side was hurting by the end of the day.  We also stopped by McCartha and saw Mrs. Lynn Hughes in the College of Business.  I worked for her and Machelle Danner during the last couple of summers I was on campus.  I  had my choice of schedules and ate too many chicken, egg, and cheese biscuits.

It ended up being a wonderful day.  I saw Mike Kelley.  He went to work with creative services after I  graduated but know him through Dad.  They worked together in the 80's and he is such a nice guy.  He is really going to need your thoughts and prayers as he recently found out he has liver cancer.  I will keep you guys updated on his progress.

Fins Up,
Jr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are gonna make this a monthly adventure? We couldn't handle it if it was every week. We did enjoy your visit so much and it is always so funny to hear our stories, it don't matter how many times we hear them. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You are one of ours, and don't ever forget that. We enjoyed visiting and laughing with you about the good ole days and we want you to come to see us more often!
We love you!
Mrs. Mildred