Friday, April 27, 2012

Remembrance

Today is the 1st anniversary of the tornado that struck Tuscaloosa and surrounding areas.  Heck, almost half the state was affected.  I was at the gym when Tuscaloosa was hit and Dad was keeping me informed.  Later, at a poker game I was playing I saw a video on-line that showed how it narrowly missed Bryant-Denny.  Later on I was still at the game when I saw a quote from Mayor Maddox on twitter that said "Our infrastructure has been decimated".  It began to set in that this was not a small storm and the casualties would be numerous.

I know that anyone in the state will not be able to read a paper or watch the news without seeing images from the storm.  All I am really asking is to keep everyone that went through that rough day in you thoughts and prayers.

Neil

No comments: