Sunday, August 26, 2012

Great Weekend!

Hey guys,

On Thursday after the service for "Miss" Sue, at which we had a great visit with the family, I made my way to Birmingham.  Thursday night I had a long-standing date with Reese, Jerry, Amy DuBose and Kyle DuBose.  Jerry had something come up so it was just the 4 of us.  Reese and I met them at the Rogue Tavern around 6 for a little pre-game action.  While there I found out one of the members of "The Hay" owns it and they were playing a show.  It was tempting, but we had good seats to see Old Crow Medicine Show at the amazing Alabama Theatre.  The show topped all my expectations and I got a CD from the opening act that kept me awake on the drive back home.

I got up Friday morning and went to work, but was really looking forward to 5 o'clock.  I knew I had to get some sleep because we had a big Saturday planned.  We laid pretty low and got to bed early. The 5:30 alarm came very early.

DeAnn's company had an entry in the dragon boat races so we decided to forgo an anniversary trip and attend that.  I am so glad we did.  As we were entering the amphitheatre at the river Dr Vermillion walked up to us.  Apparently his group had an entry.  When we got to the GMC tent I noticed Vermillion's tent was about three down.  Over the course of the day I had a chance to see, hug, and talkto a large group of former Dr.'s and nurses.  It was a great joy and surprise.  GMC finished 2nd in their flight to end a great day on the Alabama river in downtown Montgomery.

DeAnn and I had big plans to celebrate our 5th aniversary, but after such a long hot day we ended up going to our room and DeAnn crashed by 6 o'clock.  Even though we didn't have a nice dinner I truly do not know how our anniversary could have been any better.

Now its on to BAMA football!

Fins Up,
Jr.

No comments: