Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back from a break

Hey Guys,

I know there has been a big absence from me, however I guess now is as good a time as any to get back on the horse.  I haven't posted because I couldn't post anything new without talking about Rudy.  I have sat down multiple times to type, but in the end nothing was on the page.  So here goes.

Chris Ruddock lost his battle with cancer in mid-June and it stung our whole family even though we knew it would eventually happen.  Rudy made Amy's wedding which was a milestone, but he didn't quit fighting.  I could sit here and tell stories of this mountain of a man.  A gentle giant with a big smile that loved cigars, and video poker only slightly less than Rachel.  I grew up being chased in the sand by him and was always greeted with a smile and a firm handshake or hug.  Being married to a woman with 2 sisters seemed to fit him well.  Those 6 people shared thousands of laughs and jokes that will live on forever.  My favorite probably being the 4th of July when V gave the ole "Throw it Rudy, Throw it".  Although I didn't witness it, I still laugh loudly when its told.  I know that I'm rambling and I should have this post written perfectly with all the thoughts that I've put in it, but I don't.

The day of his funeral there was more of a fuss made over him in 2 hours then he would have wanted in 100 years.  It was a perfect day for a humble man that never wanted praise or appreciation.  As I said in a twitter post that day "I'm a better person for having known him".

I apologize in advance for the rambling nature of this post.

God Bless You, Chris Ruddock!

Neil

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, Neil...this brought tears to me. I couldn't have said it better myself. The memories are forever but I still miss him so much! Thank you for the post! Love you so much.

Aunt Jenny