Thursday, January 12, 2012

God Bless Mike Kelley

For those of you that are not from Elba, a good friend of our family passed away a couple of days ago.  Dad and Mike worked together in the insurance business in the early 80's until Dad returned to banking.  I grew hearing stories about Dad, Mike and uncle Larry.  I never really knew him until he moved back and started working in Troy and Creative Services. 

Everyone knows how much I loved working at CS and what the people up there mean to me.  Well as I would stop by I would see Mike and just enjoyed his personality and wit.  After DeAnn and I moved back to Elba I saw him more often and grew to have the utmost respect for him.

He was diagnosed with cancer last year and put up a great fight for as long as he could.  We saw him a couple weeks ago and he was still in good spirits and still laughed.  Leaving that night was tough because I knew it wouldn't be long.

So long big guy, I'll see you again one day.

Neil

1 comment:

BMONEY said...

This is really sweet. He will be missed by many. As the week-end begins reminds me of one of his favorite quotes "All week-ends are good".

Love ya,
B Money